·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
without ford key? tips ?

·
Registered
571 Posts
two pieces of coat hanger (or other similar stiff wire)about 10 inches long, bent into U shapes... works great.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The pieces of "coat hanger" have to connect and "pull" the connectors in towards the unit, in order for the head unit to pull out. The ends have to have some sort of catch on them to connect with the head unit. Think of this: The piece of metal goes into the slot, clicks, and pushing them out away from each other, they allow the 'catches' inside the head unit to push in slide out. I really hope this helps....without the correct tools it's hard to explain.

·
Registered
270 Posts
just go to a local stereo install shop im sure they'll let u borrow them or maybe even have them if they have a bunch.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
What's a "stick" head unit?? J/K [:D]

So, did you get it out or what? The coat hanger trick works but honestly, the tools are cheap, I got some for a coupla bucks. Come in handy if you have more than one Ford in the family.

·
Registered
525 Posts
the tools are real cheap. But I've taken many Ford stereos out with 4 thin nails. when you push the nails outward to release it, if you keep the pressure on em you should be able to pull it out far enough to get your fingers on it. You really don't need anything to connect and pull. It should pop out easy far enough for you to grip with your fingers. Shouldn't be hard...

·
Registered
231 Posts
Wal-mart...the tools are only like 3 bucks....beats trying to hassle with it every time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts