Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Aggresive Not Crazy
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in the process of removing my stock TB i stripped the bolt to the sensor. i cut the head off and now the end is still in the TB,How do i get it out?
i'll need it for SMOG test in 2 years and i want an early jump on it

·
Registered
525 Posts
maybe it would have been better to leave the head on the bolt, maybe have been easier to remove with a bolt remover

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Well if you busted the head off all I can suggest doing is drilling it out and retapping it, since tapping it with a left handed thread tap will require such a small tap it would be impossible for you to stop from breaking, you could also cut a grove in it with a dremel tool and use a screw driver.

Other than that I dont have anymore tricks, hope it works out for you, remember if you drill to use a punch and dimple the middle of the cut off bolt to make sure your drill bit doesnt drift, also use a sharp new drill bit.

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you can, put a slot in the broken bolt. Then you can use a screwdriver to get it out. Use a dremel with a small cutoff wheel, if the cutoff wheel is too big use it on something else until it is small enough so it wont cut into the t/b.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts