Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in getting a remote starter for my 03 ford focus zx3 with a manual transmission (no worries i NEVER leave it in gear). It currently has a keyless entry.
I am wondering what brands people have used and if there has been any electrical problems in using them. Thanks much guys

JD

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Remote starter?

I am interested in getting a remote starter for my 03 ford focus zx3 with a manual transmission (no worries i NEVER leave it in gear). It currently has a keyless entry.
I am wondering what brands people have used and if there has been any electrical problems in using them. Thanks much guys

JD

·
Registered
574 Posts
I had one on my 03 SVT with no problems. I still have it if you want it. Its a one mile remote start viper with Smartstart (you can start you car with ur smartphone) Only thing its missing is the charger for the LCD fob but if you have a radio shack near by you could find a replacement charger. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
574 Posts
You cant leave your car in gear to use the remote start. When I had it on the SVT I had to but it in neutral. Then push in the break and pull up on the e break. Then I would push the button on the remote start that would make the car run off the remote start computer. Once i was out of the car and pressed the lock door button the car would shut off but would be set to turn back on when I hit the remote start. Sry if this doesn't make sense. But you cant leave the car in gear and have it running just doesnt work that way

·
Premium Member
21,259 Posts
Moved to Car Audio and Electronics: Ford Focus Electrical car is the place to chat about the all-electric Ford Focus. A description of each forum's basic discussion is given in the banner above the thread list in the forum, and on the forum selection page after the name of the forum. Thanks for posting!

I think this is the second time I've moved this thread to the correct forum, please make sure of what forum you're posting in, thanks.

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
i have the viper 5701 in mine with no issues. alot of the newer ones have a special mode for mtx cars that pretty much fool proof to not start in gear. there is a "set" procedure that has to be done to activate the rs features ensuring it is in nuetral. they work great and just have normal electronic issues like anything else. personally mine is a little more custom than the basic unit, but they aren't too bad to put in as long as you have two coded keys (not duplicates).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts