Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my Titanium off the lot and had the Ford remote start included in the deal. Dealer says they are still waiting for Ford to provide the code for the device, but it's been over 30 days. Does this sound right?

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I bought my Titanium off the lot and had the Ford remote start included in the deal. Dealer says they are still waiting for Ford to provide the code for the device, but it's been over 30 days. Does this sound right?
Heck no it doesn't sound right. I ordered my car, didn't buy off the lot, and it arrived a little before the ETA, a couple days before the remote start got in. When it did get there they told me to come in whenever. It was a 1-day deal and they didn't have to wait for any code. I would push them a little harder on this and try and figure out exactly what they mean.

·
Registered
524 Posts
My understanding is that you don't need any code because it's in the key fobs. If you have both key fobs then that should be all they need to set up the remote start. Even if they did need a code, there is no reason they can't get that info right away. Just call customer service to get to the bottom of it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I called customer service and they elevated the case. I'll let you know what happens. I would avoid Jersey City Ford, I reported several complaints against them from their finance office to their service dept.

·
Registered
45 Posts
My Titanium just arrived at the dealer, & they are also going to install the

remote start before I pick it up. On the Ford site, they call it the "Power Code

Remote Start System", so it probably does need a code, although it really

shouldn't take that long to get! Good luck.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got a call from Ford Cust Service. Dealer changed the story to parts are on backorder, told the rep they would arrive in two weeks. We'll see.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Two weeks have come and gone and no word (or return call) from the dealership. I guess it's back to Customer Service.

·
Registered
368 Posts
My understanding is that you don't need any code because it's in the key fobs. If you have both key fobs then that should be all they need to set up the remote start. Even if they did need a code, there is no reason they can't get that info right away. Just call customer service to get to the bottom of it.
True. They shouldn't need a code. I had mine installed a little after a week I got my Focus. They had the remote start on stock but they needed a wire that they didnt have so they ordered it in. My car was the first 2012 Focus they installed the remote start in. Freaked me out a bit coz it was their "test car." They even said it... Luckly it was installed properly.

·
Registered
155 Posts
My car was on the lot with dealer-installed remote start. They realized it wasn't installed yet Thursday evening when i was signing the paperwork. I picked up the car (as originally planned) the next afternoon with remote start installed.

·
Registered
524 Posts
True. They shouldn't need a code. I had mine installed a little after a week I got my Focus. They had the remote start on stock but they needed a wire that they didnt have so they ordered it in. My car was the first 2012 Focus they installed the remote start in. Freaked me out a bit coz it was their "test car." They even said it... Luckly it was installed properly.
My car was the first one they ever installed at my dealership too. They did a fantastic job on it and everyone at work still gets a kick out my car starting a hundred yards down the parking lot. Just wish it would drive up to where I'm standing and pick me up like Michael Knights KITT car.

·
Registered
368 Posts
My car was the first one they ever installed at my dealership too. They did a fantastic job on it and everyone at work still gets a kick out my car starting a hundred yards down the parking lot. Just wish it would drive up to where I'm standing and pick me up like Michael Knights KITT car.
Haha. You know what, they were so excited about the successful install (maybe coz they suck at installing?) that they gave me 10% off my winter tire set. Even after the discount, it was still so overpriced =\

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
After another round of unreturned phone calls, I called customer service again. Jersey City Ford told Mario at Ford cust service that it has decided not to install remote starters of any kind on 2012 Titaniums. Two months into this and they are going to refund my order by this Friday. Maybe some light at the end of this tunnel.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Our SE Sedan arrived while we were on vacation last July; a week later when we arrived to pick it up we found that the dealer had installer the remoter starter on ours by mistake (wrong car). They offered to remove it or we could keep it for an additional $375 (total parts & labor)... we kept it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
After another round of unreturned phone calls, I called customer service again. Jersey City Ford told Mario at Ford cust service that it has decided not to install remote starters of any kind on 2012 Titaniums. Two months into this and they are going to refund my order by this Friday. Maybe some light at the end of this tunnel.

Wow .. that's unacceptable.
No direct communication? Found out via FORD Customer SVC? Piss poor. :(

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jersey City Ford finally sent me a refund check for my remote start order, it was for $98.00. Back to the phones.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts