Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one of the brochures I have says remote start is an option but when building the car with my dealer there was no such option given.

Bought the Titanium model.

anyone else have any inside to this?

Cheers

·
Registered
301 Posts
i saw it in a brochure i have too. maybe he just thinks you dont need it up there in canada eh?

·
Registered
781 Posts
remote start is an option, at least it is here in the states. it's dealer installed though. there are two different options, you can get them yourself from partscheap.com and other places if you google around.

i read that the remote start required splicing into the electrical system to install and that you might want to have a dealer do it. but i haven't any confirmation of that. i did email partscheap.com and asked, they did say both different starters came with installation instructions, but didn't indicate if it was user installable. note there is a plain remote starter, a bi-directional with confirmation, and two different starters depending on if you have push button or regular key ignition. with the Titanium you're looking at the push-button models.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Everything is "user-installable" as long as it doesn't require special tools. You'll obviously have to splice the remote start module into the electrical system...how else would it get its power?

But that doesn't mean anyone can do it. If you don't know anything about how a car electrical system works or how a remote start module operates you might want to get it installed somewhere else.

Then again a ton of companies make remote start modules for about the same price or cheaper. Problem with installing it into a car that uses IA (titanium models) is that the car doesn't stay running when you open the door. If you Remote Start the car will run for 10 minutes or until you unlock the doors. Doing so shuts off the engine. It's ridiculous but that's the way Ford designed it (so people couldn't just get in and drive away).

·
Registered
239 Posts
With how many times I've laid on my keys and locked or unlocked my car, I'm extremely glad I don't have remote start. :)

·
Registered
781 Posts
What I was not sure about was if something needed to be programmed to get remote start to work with IA. One posting I had read had indicated something needed to be programmed at the dealership to get remote start to work with IA. I have not been able to find further confirmation of this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts