Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm performing a remote start installation on a Ford Focus 2007 Sedan. This isn't my first install (third actually) so I'm not clueless here. I am running into some issues with the wire diagrams I've found for the 2007 Focus. I hope some of you can help out.

First off the GEM pinouts are a little problematic. Most diagrams I've found refer to "grey plug at GEM plug pin #". The issue is I can't find a photo showing the pin numbering on the GEM pins. This caused me some issues with the Power lock function as there are two Black/Red wires. As per my luck I always choose the wrong one on the first try. No big issue.

Secondly, and more importantly, I've noticed the ford remote features the two press unlock that most cars have. One unlock push triggers only the drivers door, the second unlocks everything. The standard wire diagrams calling for using "Black/Yellow" for unlock does work BUT is only unlocks everything. My remote start (The Excalibur RS-360-EDPB) has two unlock wires to support the double press unlock. My issue is no where can I find the wire color for the drivers side door only unlock. Does anyone have this wire color/Plug color?

Bonus points: The remote start I'm installing features an interesting function where if it's below freezing and you start the vehicle it can turn on the rear defroster. I've been told by Excalibur that to use this I need a "Latching Relay Circuit" and the Brown Gem plug "Black / Green" wire. Unfortunately they couldn't tell me what latching circuit I would need or any other connections I should make. The remote start sends a negative pulse to trigger the circuit.

1) What type of latching circuit do I need here?
2) Is it possible to tap the button wires for the defroster in the HVAC unit to avoid using a latching circuit?
2a) if so what are the wire colors at the HVAC control panel?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Heres is some pics to help you with the locks. Use unlock 1 to driver unlock and unlock two to your current unlock wire. As far as the defrost goes. You should be able to just use the ground when running or sometines called a status wire will turn on defroster with remote start everytime. If you want to be able to turn it on only when you want with remote you will have to use a aux channel through a latching relay. Sometimes a timed controller like a pac tr-7 is easier as you can take the pulsed - from alarm and turn it into a timed latched output you can control

·
Registered
184 Posts
It wont unless you disengage it by remiveing the 12v or ground. Can you not change the aux output of the alsrm to latched rest with ign? I always just use tge qround while running/status wire to run the rear defrost. Sounds like what you should probably do. Its ob when you hit remote start without any extra actions. The wire for tge lock is only in the kick as far as i know

1 - 6 of 6 Posts