Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where the receiver is located for the key fob for the power locks. I have a '00 wagon.

·
Registered
26 Posts
In my 2000 Sedan SE the keyless module is located right behind the glove box at passenger side. Open the globe box, at each side there is one rubber stoper, just bent the sides of the box and the box just fall out, look at right at the panel and you will see two black boxes, the keyless is the smaller on top the ECU.

It's this what you are looking for ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks VRat, that's what I was looking for. I have no range with my remote . I was talking to a mechanic friend and he said that sometimes the problem is with the antenna on the module. It needs to be moved to a good grounded spot as it is usually just fastened to the plastic somewhere. I will post the results when I get a chance to look at it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ok Dave .

I am having a not responding alarm problem. If you find something that may help me please let me know. I've read on other non-ford alarm system the antenna is all across the roof from the pillars. Maybe a wire coming from the keyless harnesses has to deal with something like that.

Good luck !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts