Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
good morning...sorry to trouble you but i have a problem..i have a ford focus 2004..and the 3 button remote went on me when i changed the battery...i have been quoted about 75 quid to get one and i think i can pick one up off ebay for about 20 ..BUT ..it seems that everyone has a way to do it i was thinking of taking the remote part off the horseshoekey and replacing it with the new remote part and the reprograming it using the instuctions in the manual..but i keep being told i need 2 working keys..?i have one spare but it aint chipped and also the other broke remote that will start the engine ..i dont know why the remote just went on me ..it used to flatten the little battery in it every 3 or 4 weeks and i kept having to change them so i thought this was a bit off ..any ideas ...many thanks...

·
Registered
438 Posts
Assuming you are just having problems with the remote entry and not with the actual key, you can reprogram these using the instructions in your manual. I picked up a couple extra remotes from my local salvage yard for $3US each. Then programmed them to the car with the manual instructions.
Only need to have one key to do this.
If you need to program another PATS key, you need to have 2 working transmitter keys to program any additional ones.

·
Registered
438 Posts
My local salvage yard had a bucket full of Ford remotes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
remote

My local salvage yard had a bucket full of Ford remotes.

thanks... i will be going down to one when i can locate it...it was the last place i would of thought of ..but after you said it. it seemed so obvious..again thank you ..hope you have a good day..[cheers]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts