Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
i have a 7/14 built, i'll check mine after work too. thanks for pinning this!

·
Registered
527 Posts
7/14 build and it looks like it's just tape on it or something. I guess it's all '12-'14s.
Bad picture with the engine cover blocking it ....

Attachments

·
Registered
624 Posts
So I am a bit confused with this at this time. Is the issue that the harness is just wrapped in tape and it is rubbing against the manifold?

My 2012 looks like the photo wavsine just posted in post #19. The first picture in the original post and post #23 does not look like my car.

I haven't looked closely yet but it feels like the plastic loom over the wires does have a hole in it from where it was contacting the manifold.

Guess the best way to solve this is to post a photo when I get home from work.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Mine is a 12/11 build and has loom wrapped with tape from the factory it appears. Covered it with another piece of loom and tape to be safe.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Mine is a 12/11 build and has loom wrapped with tape from the factory it appears. Covered it with another piece of loom and tape to be safe.
Same build date, same factory loom, also added more. Seems like the product in dates with only tape as protection from the factory is pretty limited.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
so i have a 1/14 build date and it looks like the original post. i'll have to do this fix over the weekend.

·
Registered
624 Posts
1/12 build with a 5-spd. Seems like it already has the plastic loom.

So where the loom seems to end is about where the harness comes into contact with the edge on the manifold. I tried looking at it but couldn't see anything. I feel what seems like an opening in the loom but I believe its just the split in the loom.

I let the car idle and moved the harness around at the point in question and didn't not any change in idle, etc.

·
__________/\__
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
1/12 build with a 5-spd. Seems like it already has the plastic loom.
I enlarged your picture and circled the area of concern. Your wiring harness appears to be well protected.

This is becoming an enigma. You have a 2012 model built before the date mentioned in the TSB and yet you already have the flex loom from the factory. Other people have reported their car was built after the TSB build date and they don't have the flex loom.

It seems the best thing is for everybody to check your wiring harness regardless of the build date.

Attachments

·
Registered
624 Posts
I enlarged your picture and circled the area of concern. Your wiring harness appears to be well protected.
Thank you, that was the area I was looking at. But it seems that the loom ends at about that point also. But I agree it appears to be ok. But for now I have unhooked the harness from the end of the valve cover to let the harness move around a bit more.

As for the differences in the harness for the different years could be related to a number of things.

- DCT versus 5-spd
- first in last out of the storage location of the harness
- I have heard that sometimes parts are run early in production to then later have a change made. So the "new" harness with the loom was temporary run early on the production line.
- person working on the production of the harness didn't install the loom or didn't install it correctly.
- etc

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Thank you, that was the area I was looking at. But it seems that the loom ends at about that point also. But I agree it appears to be ok. But for now I have unhooked the harness from the end of the valve cover to let the harness move around a bit more.

As for the differences in the harness for the different years could be related to a number of things.

- DCT versus 5-spd
- first in last out of the storage location of the harness
- I have heard that sometimes parts are run early in production to then later have a change made. So the "new" harness with the loom was temporary run early on the production line.
- person working on the production of the harness didn't install the loom or didn't install it correctly.
- etc
Or just Ford whimsy. They're artists, you know.

·
__________/\__
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #38

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
I'm going to get my done today. I'll post pictures later

21 - 40 of 120 Posts