Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
NeedsMoarEverything
11,409 Posts
Hmmm, wonder if something isn't hooked up quite right. I've never had a car run poorly on new plugs, even if they were the wrong plugs.

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
When I ran 104's, I did get a bad plug one time that gave me similar problems; no matter the plug gap. Replaced with a fresh set and all was good.

....you know you want some NASCAR in your car.... [thumb]

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
Probably a dropped plug. They crack easily. Try replacing them again. The gap isn't that big of deal so the "quarter" style ones do it just fine. Finding a wire-style gauge in that large of size is harder but all stores will stock them on their tool aisle. They're a pain to use however.

·
Registered
187 Posts
my car was bucking and hesitating after installing new plugs

I eventually threw a code and it ended up being my throttle position sensor. I dont really know how it was correlated.. maybe coincidence.

I would check the connector on the TB and maybe get it checked out with a scan tool. Autozone does it for free

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
In reference to my duratec performance post...

It's still happening after going back to denso all gapped at .50 t/k thought it could be the tires being out of balance so we rotated them and it's still happening...my tires are almost bald it's bucking really really bad at 50 in 4 th gear on a freshly paved road. My friend took off my throttle harness to try and figure out whats ground and power to test my throttle volts before and after grounding my t/b to the battery. Could it be a fuel filter? I keep changing gas stations from circle k to chevron to bp. cars got a little under 30,000 on the clock.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
oh I also did the big 3 all with 1/0 gauge wire could it be a bad ground? Alternator to subframe battery to alternator and of course battery power to the back of the alternator and yes I did grind away the paint on the subframe so it gets a good connection. I did not remove the stock wiring I kept it intact obviously LOL

·
Premium Member
21,259 Posts
Moved to Ford Focus Technical Chat. That's the forum for imminent auto destruction and repair.

Merged with your other thread so we're all on the same page.

Your problem is most likely the TB- yay FBW. No big ground wires will save you from FBW problems. Replaceable TPS's seem to be much cheaper in this respect. You could try cleaning it with MAF cleaner, but I'm not sure if there is somewhere that you can get inside to the motor- or if that would help at all. It seems as if it's worn out around the throttle position where you'd sit maintaining 50 mph in top gear.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.