Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
Seriously, young'un.

Anyway, I remember this time when the Internet as a gaining phenomenon was still kinda breaking through. My brother (always more computer-saavy besides being 3 years younger) was doing something on the WWW and I wanted to play a minesweeper or something.

I was frustrated so I said something like "Stupid internet, that's never gonna be a big deal and catch on with people!" and he just ignored me. Luckily, I think he's forgotten this fact because he'd totally rub it in my face all the time if he remembered. I guess I was wrong?!

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
I've only been on the internet since early 1999 so... I don't think I remember when Amazon.com looked like that. But a lot of smaller sites sure looked like that in 1999. Thank goodness more attractive web design has become available to the public and made easier to use and understand. Those early WWW pages were pretty ugly.

I do remember back in the late '80s or early '90s hauling my dad's old Atari 800 computer and, are you ready... 300 baud modem out of the garage and trying to connect to some boards but it didn't work. That was my only contact with the "internet" until my parents bought a new iMac in spring of 1999.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts