Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to see if there are any options for putting in higher wattage standard type H13 bulbs. I had HID's installed for a while but I didn't like the light output with them in the stock housing. I want to install some bigger/higher wattage bulbs but don't want to fry the stock harness.
Dose anyone know of a relay harness for stock H13 bulbs?
I can find HID harness' all day long, in fact I have one but it will not work for the H13 bulbs.
Thanks in advanced.
Bob

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Why dont you just get a different HID bulb?

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HID bulbs are longer then the stock style H13 bulbs, when mounted in the stock housing the light becomes diffused or scattered, basically light goes everywhere and is not focused at all. the light output is more of a flood light then a focused beam in front of the car, does that sound right?

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Your correct st. Hids do have a shaft longer than halogens. You should be able to use a HID harness and convert to a hi power halogen relay kit. What wattage ur looking into? 85W?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I vote you get a set of the Eagle Eyes projectors and slap those HIDs in there. However, I'm severely biased :)

But my GOD do I love these headlights.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would love to toss in some projectors but there way out of my budget right now.
I bought a set of bulbs on eBay that are standard watt replacement bulbs, well looking the package they are.................100/90W!!!! WTF that's not standard at all!
I will pull then out of the box tonight and look on the bulbs to be sure.
As far as modding the HID harness, that's not going to work with my harness. I have the BiXenon Harness, it only has one set of power wires because there is only one bulb, the high beam is triggered by the stock wire to move the bulb.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rally style!!!!!!

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is a visual of how a normal H13 looks compared to a Bi-Xenon bulb both where they would be mounted and where the light source comes from.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I vote you get a set of the Eagle Eyes projectors and slap those HIDs in there. However, I'm severely biased :)

But my GOD do I love these headlights.
Well what are you weighting for, send them!! [joke]
I do love those lights, to bad they don't come in white!

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, now I guess I need to pony up some cash for it, sucks that is so expensive.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just ordered it, wish me luck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts