Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I shall be getting a brand new (ex demo at least) Ford Focus Ink in two weeks time. Currently I have a Peugeot 206 and I was able to replace the stock head unit with my new Kenwood KDC-8024 with nearly no problems or outside assistance, encountering only a few scratches on my fingers and such. So I'm going to take out the Kenwood and put back in the old stock HU into the 206 when we trade it into our Ford dealer. Question is, exactly how different or difficult is putting this into my new Focus going to be? I've read a lot of the posts here, and they give advice on tools to use etc, but my other big problem is I'm in the UK, and all those websites are US ones, so I've no idea where to get the equivalent stuff in the UK. If there is anyone from the UK here that could help out please do. Or alternatively could someone from the US please spell out exactly what all I will need considering I have the standard stuff in the Focus and just a Kenwood with whatever came with it, nothing else. Thanks if you can!

·
Focus Enthusiast
2,208 Posts
as far as i know, the same companies instllation accessory companies (scosche , metra, etc) sell their products in european countries. i don't know what kind of local dealers you have but what you need is an antenna adapter (the vw type for some reason), installation kit (metra is the one i like most but scosche makes one and so does american international), a wire harness (scosche and metra both have noe that is for 86 ford models and up, assuming it isn't a premium sound system or anything), and wire crimp connectors. hope that helps.

- Scott

1 - 3 of 3 Posts