Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not much info in the search so I must ask. Has anyone invested any time in trying?

What I'm thinking is to have a local shop (Berry Cams) reduce the base circle to increase lift and rework the ramps a bit to keep the timing correct.

I still have to go through and see if I'm going to have to clearance the head at all and if there are buckets large enough to accommodate the added lash.

But ... input?

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I don't know if you ever go to the "other" forum but there is a member who posts often on there with custom cams on his SVT. He makes close to 180whp according to his sig. You might want to get in touch with him and see if he has any pertinent info

·
Registered
342 Posts
there are 2 companies that make performace cams for tha SVT, well ST170 but same thing... CAT CAMS & Piper Cams. both in europe but if ya go on there website they have info regarding the lift, duration, and mention bout clearance with tha VVT, and what to do bout the timing to keep our interference engines from 'interfering'! in the tech info they have listed

·
Registered
196 Posts
I don't know if you ever go to the "other" forum but there is a member who posts often on there with custom cams on his SVT. He makes close to 180whp according to his sig. You might want to get in touch with him and see if he has any pertinent info

The Member you are talking about i think i had asked him something about them once. They came from WebCams and were in the car when he got it.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Actually they were custom grinds done for Focus Sport.... its Belacyrf (original owner of the car) and he used to be on here as well.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have and always will get along with belacyrf, it's some of the others I don't.
Thanks for the info John, I'll contact him and see what he thinks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I know there are options out there, but the bang for the buck plus inexperience with tuning doenst make them the most frugal option out there. I would think that the easiest way to tune them would be with a VCT delete kit from Tom. This way you reduce the chance that your valves dont interfere with your pistons.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Well cams are NOT cheap, you are probaly looking at $600 for the cams not including your going to need new buckets as well.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got a reply back. He doesn't know the specs, wasn't ever told. So that is something that a guy would have to find out from Focus Sport (Randy is it?).
VCT was still used and the advance/retard points where not altered, so stock.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
This has got my attention. I've always thought the SVT had more potential in N/A form. I mean, we max out at about 165whp with all bolt ons. It seems ridiculous that a 1.8l Honda (which, is in all respects, a similar engine as far as displacement/valve train/etc) can put down well over 200 wheel and we're stuck where we are. I've also found it funny that the big thing for us to do is delete the VCT. I guess I can understand it in a F/I setup, but why not take advantage of it if it's there?

Maybe I'll shoot a message to FocusSport and see if I can get any more specs on the car....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts