Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So looking back on in, i'm rather bummed that i didn't spring for the interior style package, such as the 2 tone leather seats and matching trim.

What i wanted to know, was if there was a way to kinda DIYS? Are there faux leather seat covers available that resemble the color tones, etc?

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
http://www.autoanything.com/seat-covers/75A4353A0A0.aspx

Look for 2012 Focus specific covers. We have airbags in the seats, so a seat cover not manufactured with that in mind can be a major safety concern and might even be grounds for insurance not covering injury/damage because the system was inhibited.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
If the OP was wanting the black/white leather seats.. After seeing them IN A CAR, I am now glad i could NOT get them. They include areas of the steering wheel in white leather, and the door inserts are also white.
I shudder to think how ugly those are soon going to look without intensive and annoying extra car.

I would have purchesed leather seats..
I wntt the ricaro ST seats.. If I can I may buy them (if I do not just buy an ST)

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Well, since my AutoAnything site was actually still on 2012 Focus selection, it looks like the CalTrend seats ARE available for the Focus. So you can always pick a different combination than they offer from the factory to make your car stand out a bit, they're very impressive looking seat covers, tailor made for the specific car really helps a lot!

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Sorry somehow this was a double post; but I have to say if youread the FINE PRINT at 'Autoanythiing' only certain seats have special seams for seat airbags and it seemed IMO NONE of the seat covers for the Ford Focus include them.
So buyer beware.
Somewhere else on the site, the comment on seat airbags, and only full custom covers* provide for that. Or some special sheepskin cover (which they do not make for the Focus.)

Now maybe i am wrong about what they mean. but i would not want to take the chance unless they specifically state the cover they are offering includes an airbag feature.
The full custom may (or may not) be the seatcovers they are selling for the Focus with provision for airbags... They do NOT make it clear.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
liz, why do you say that? Do they look ugly, or are they prone to dirt? I'm not too worried about extra upkeep, i tend to keep my stuff pretty clean.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
prone to dirt id imagine. like anything white, tends to show dirt easily or become discolored.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Dirt. White anything inside a car is tough to keep clean over time.
My last car had tan leather seats. after four or five years they looked dirty, and cleaning them did not help much.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's a bummer =( . Looking at the prices for those car covers on the site that linked, It's almost crazy how much 2 covers are costing, and there's no black/white nor black/red. (especially not in the way i'd like for it to look).

Anyone know of any other resource?

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Look around for actual custom (from scratch) coach builders in antique auto places.
Guys who redo old cars.
They can do wonders.. And the covers would really be one of a kind.

You would have to check out some rebuilder sites to get names and places..

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Has anyone seen those dash trim kits that are being sold on eBay, etc. Anyone know if I can get the same color as the arctic white package for my dash/console/etc.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'm not too keen on the Medium light stone interior, it seems to get dirty easily, at least the drivers seat does. Any recommendations on cleaning the material, as I spilled some coffee on my seat.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I wanted the Arctic White trim in a bad way when I bought mine. It looks awesome in the Platinum White hatch. I test drove one before purchasing, but it didn't have all the options I wanted.

Still wishing I had it, in spite of the extra cleaning required.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts