Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,
I was wondering if you can help me with something.
First of all I'd like to find out more info about my car.
For that I was wondering if you or someone from you has the possibility to give me a history report for my VIN: 1FAFP33P81W159112
I saw that on http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=554111 that that guy gives this kind of detalis BUT only for BMW and I was wondering if you can help me on this, too (free of charge, of course)
Second, regarding the complains I've read on the internet, for this Focus from 2001...are they true?....I mean is it such a bad car?...should I be sorry for buying it?....because at the beginnig it was saying that it's the 2001 world's car...and after doing some research by internet...i could find out only bad things regarding it....are they true or not?

Thanks in advance...I really apreciate your help.
Best regards,

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
I guess that would be me, send me your email address so i can send you the report.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Email sent

·
Registered
696 Posts
You can't really label the 2001 Focus as a bad car. Yes, it was known for mechanical short comings, but I believe it still ended up on the Car and Driver's Top 10 list for best cars. Reliability can be a question for even the most reputable company. BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, any of them, and any car maker, can have a lemon roll off the line at any time. And for a variety of reasons. Just do your research on it, get the report, and take it to a trurtworthy mechanic BEFORE you buy it. If the car dealership really wants to sell it, they'll let you take it to YOUR mechanic for a few hours for an inspection. If they gripe about it, RUN.

Good luck!

[thumb]

·
Registered
461 Posts
not a bad car, only people pissed off get around to writing about it though : ) it was on the car and driver 10 best for five years runing, until they switched the engine out for a duratec & swapped body styles ... : ( some recalls to be aware of, but nothing serious, and of course nothing that ford wont fix for free! welcome to focusfanatics!

·
Registered
891 Posts
i got an 01 Sedan LX too and have had no problems yet with it. And i run the S[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] out of it too. Just got to keep up on the mantaince and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you guys...to all of you.
I hope I ain't got any problems with my Focus.
I like it! :)
Thank you b16sir1991 for VIN history reports....btw...where can I see how many owners does it have and...as long as I'm from Czech Republik...does this VIN history reports apply only to US or to Europe as well?....I mean...what can I do to see it's whole history, including all detalis?

Thank you again,
Best regards,
Gelu DOBRE

·
Registered
113 Posts
Its true that you usually hear from those who arent happy, not from those who are happy.

I know there are some recalls, but dont forget that so many problems are self induced. I have seen so many Foci, Hondas, etc. tricked out. Many of them were base models. If you hop up the engine and dont do anything to the tranny or suspension, you may have problems. So many people look at one thing then get surprised when everything else fails on them. Then its all the manufacturers fault.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts