Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would like to thank everyone for your help. i took my car to the dealer and they performed the reflash, but i still have a little bit of a problem. my car still wants to idle high when its cold. also when i drive it the rpm's dont drop in between gears.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Have you had the intake rudder clamps replaced? There was a TSB regarding these on '02 models. After having this done and the reflash my car idles perfectly. With regards to the rpm's dropping slowly between gears that's actually one of the svtf 'quirks' and I'm not aware of any solutions.

·
Registered
321 Posts
MichaelMcMahan said:
i would like to thank everyone for your help. i took my car to the dealer and they performed the reflash, but i still have a little bit of a problem. my car still wants to idle high when its cold. also when i drive it the rpm's dont drop in between gears.
Every single car I've owned (mustang, thunderbird, cougar, zx2, z24) all idle high when you first start it up in the cold.

Put in a lighter flywheel to fix that rpm between gears issue. [;)] [:D]

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
intake clamps

would there be any other tsb that would be helpful to know about before i take my focus back to the dealer for like the millionth time. i appreciate any input.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts