Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone gotten anywhere or heard anything about getting an 06 flashed like the 07's for the MPG increase?

Im very interested in this..give me some good news!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Probably going to have to give this a few weeks. As you know this just came out in the press. My dealer knows of it now, but has not seen anything in the technical database they use... yet.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I just got mine done yesterday. My dealer was a little suprised but he wrote the code on the invoice and said it was done. I will know in a few weeks if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
but he may have a duratec. IF i'm not mistaken, the reflash can probably be done on al duratecs, right

i'ma check this out

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
06ZXW said:
Probably going to have to give this a few weeks. As you know this just came out in the press. My dealer knows of it now, but has not seen anything in the technical database they use... yet.
yeah i figured.. but i thought i would lose track of the issue in the other thread.. and i hoped if i made one people could post their experience and i would be able to follow the issue ;)

2003 Focus said:
I just got mine done yesterday. My dealer was a little suprised but he wrote the code on the invoice and said it was done. I will know in a few weeks if it makes a difference.
If we're talking about the same thing, did they charge you for the flash?

·
Registered
60 Posts
No, not that I am aware of but from your mods..yours is way cooler than mine...toss up..save money or look good..ahh the American question.

·
Registered
60 Posts
faulkton, they didn't charge for the flash..my 06 has only 10,000 miles..I can't say if they will charge if you are over the basic warranty..

·
Registered
696 Posts
So they said it was something they would cover under the warranty? I'm going to have to call the dealer here and find out. My MPG SUCKS! Of course I'm not at 1k mileage yet thought either. [:(!]

Oh, and while on the topic of reflashing, can they reflash the "recommended" shift positions at which the dash light comes on saying to shift? If I listen to that, I'd be in 5th by 30mph. [?|]

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
^^
The dealer should cover a reflash under warrenty, and I dont know why you have crappy mpg I got my car with 9 miles on it and am still getting the 27-29 city and 32-34 hwy and now at 11,000.

The shift points adjust to the throttle posistion, just shift at 4100 RPM for best MPG.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
2003 Focus said:
faulkton, they didn't charge for the flash..my 06 has only 10,000 miles..I can't say if they will charge if you are over the basic warranty..
What did you ask for when you called? Im hesitant to call up and say "i read some shit on the internet that said you can get me better MPG", i dont think they would take me serious at all.

I guess i will wait a while.

·
Registered
696 Posts
focusin said:
^^
The dealer should cover a reflash under warrenty, and I dont know why you have crappy mpg I got my car with 9 miles on it and am still getting the 27-29 city and 32-34 hwy and now at 11,000.

The shift points adjust to the throttle posistion, just shift at 4100 RPM for best MPG.
What do you mean they adjust? I was told that the car will "learn" to fit my driving style. That what you mean with that? Man, I can't tell you how crappy my mileage is. I'm lucky to get 200 miles to the tank on conservative driving. I drive hard, easy, grandma like, nothing changes it. My mileage just sucks. I'm hoping the reflash and a mention of disabling the negative cable to the battery for like 20 minutes and reconnecting will reset the comp and hopefully from there will get better mpg too. [?|]

·
Registered
15 Posts
I keep hearing everyone say that it should work for the Duratec. I have a 2005 ZX4 SES model that I'm relatively sure is a Duratec. Would this trick work on mine? Anything to conserve gasoline would help.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I believe all '05+ are duratec.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
tdkaye1 said:
What do you mean they adjust? I was told that the car will "learn" to fit my driving style. That what you mean with that? Man, I can't tell you how crappy my mileage is. I'm lucky to get 200 miles to the tank on conservative driving. I drive hard, easy, grandma like, nothing changes it. My mileage just sucks. I'm hoping the reflash and a mention of disabling the negative cable to the battery for like 20 minutes and reconnecting will reset the comp and hopefully from there will get better mpg too. [?|]
WOW! only 200 on a tank? My old SVT was able to squeeze 260 out if it. My MSM hits 320 before the light even comes on, and 350 before I HAVE to fill up.

·
Registered
60 Posts
faulkton, I just told him I read about a TSB about my 06. He said that will be fine and he updated it. No charge at all. If you want more information, you can do a search for mpg's. I believe the article was on detnews.com.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Silver03SVT said:
WOW! only 200 on a tank? My old SVT was able to squeeze 260 out if it. My MSM hits 320 before the light even comes on, and 350 before I HAVE to fill up.

Yeah, that's about the average. Considering the Focus is "suppose" to get about 320 city to about 400 highway per tank is embarassing for me to get HALF! [?|]

1 - 20 of 157 Posts