Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I wanted to know what exactly do I need to be aware of when upgrading basically everything that attaches myself to the road?

Right now i'm in a Ford Focus ZX3 with drum brakes and stock everything. Here is what i'd like

Performance Suspension, not extremely stiff good enough for everyday riding but also great for going on the autobahn and pushing it.

Brakes, my rear brakes are drum. SHould I upgrade them to disc? Also considering I want to be doing speeds of roughly 160 MPH or so at tops I'd like to know if I need to go with what kinds of brakes.

Tires and Wheels. Basically I want 17 inch rims with low profile tires. Speed rates as well. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Two suspensions give a good trade between performance and comfort.

SVT suspension kit. Lowers car .75 inches and is a very good performer with great comfort. Comes with dampers matched to the springs and a 21mm rear swaybar.

Eibach Pro kit. Lowers the car 1.5". Good comfort from what I hear and corners very well. Comes with dampers matched to the springs.

As far as brakes, if you are going to be travelling at those speeds (if it is even freaking possible in the focus...) I would upgrade to the SVT brakes all around. You will need to run at least a 16" wheel to accomodate them though.

Speaking of speeds you will need a tire to handle those speeds as well.

·
Registered
972 Posts
You have allot more to worry about than brakes if your gonna push the stock Focus to 160, you probably also need to do a complete sway bar upgrade and need "W" rated tires. But again 160 is unattainable without some Forced Induction or an extremely built engine.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So i've been told building up my focus to hit speeds of 160 is nearly impossible with my budget. So i'm just going settle with upgrading what I want too staying in my budget and seeing what is possible.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Talked to my mechanic friend he is actually jumping at the chance of working in a professional work shop. I have access to one with all the bells and whistles. So what i'm liking is the SVT, I was in a car that has suspession that was right tight, great on conrnering, and handling terriable on everyday words because it was EXTERMELY STIFF. I intend on putting at least 17 inch rims, with low profile tires. At first I was looking for the short term, but right now I think every month or so I'm going to do one thing. I'm going to wait for my pay period in September (I sell cars it what has inspired me to beginw orking on mine

So in October I upgrade my suspession
In November I upgrade my rims
In december I upgrade exhaust, and intake
In January I upgrade my brakes SVT all the way around
In Feb I tune.

This is all dependent on my sales. I sell a lot I live life I sell shit I work harder.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts