Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2006 ford focus with the 2.0 duratec and i was wondering what it redlined at? im planning to install a tach in the near future and im just curious as to what numbers i should be shooting for.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
If it's stock, basicly shift at your max torque rating. It doesn't do any good to zing your motor higher than that.

·
Registered
55 Posts
7000 rpm if i remember correctly. but that could be lower or higher depending on your setup

i am sure you will get someone here soon with a more refined answer

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Stock redline should be around 6750 or so, peak torque is at 4000 and peak HP at 6000. You can look up stock dyno graphs on various websites to see for your self, but like stated above nothing wrong with shifting at peak torque (4000) unless you love to burn gas and or are racing and need the extended rpm.

Bob

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
6750 is the fuel cut BTW. redline should be a little lower but they never marked it.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Can you datalog and find out the best place to shift?

Ive been playing around with my WOT shift points with the SCT thing but im not sure myself where the best place to have it shift is.

·
2,272 Posts
When the duratec was a new engine in the focus and we were all trying to figure things out, most agreed that 6k rpm was a good place to shift with a 2.3. That is about when hp starts to drop off significantly. I usually shifted by 6,400 while racing in 1st, and around 6000 every other gear. With a tune I could rev it as high as 7,400. I would think the shift point would be similar for a 2.0. Look up a dyno chart and decide for yourself.

I was just looking at 2.0 dyno charts though and they seem to keep good power while revving it to the sky. You may just take it to almost the fuel cut out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts