Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my great grandmother went to get groceries while I was working. On her way to Fitchburg she got a flat tire in Lunenburg. So she pulled into some garage right down the road from the walmart plaza. They had cars and stuff to sell there and a garage to fix them. So she brings it in and asks them if they can put air in her tires so she can drive to her dealer, Gervais in ayer. Anyway they put her car on the lift and tell her, that her car is junk. and she needs to buy a new one. She tells them she just wants air in the tire, knowing full well her car is fine. They then proceed to tell her that all 4 tires are bad on her car and she needs 4 new ones immediately. She tells them just to fill them with air and she'll go to her dealer to get them.

So she gets to Gervais and tells them the story and they fix her tire for free and send her on her way. Her car was fine and her tires were great too... The garage she went to was pretty idiotic. I wish I got the name :\

Oh and her car is a 2007 Ford Focus with only 40,000 miles on it. And shes had all her maintanence and stuff done on it. Nothing went or was wrong with her car.

Her tire just had a screw in it also

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
What a bunch of clowns

·
BACON?
3,170 Posts
scum bags, its a good thing your grandmother was smart enough to know not to do the work.

·
Registered
642 Posts
A lot of places try to screw old people over like that. especially older women.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Oh boy would I have had some words for them! Good thing your grandmother knew better. I can't stand places like that. Out to screw anybody for a profit.

·
Registered
530 Posts
A shop tried similar tactics with my wife a little while back on her Mustang... she quickly informed them she knew more about cars than they did and would gladly explain any part they wished to point out.

Glad to see she knew when to stand her ground. Wish you could find out that shop so you could go harass them...

·
Registered
304 Posts
Places like that gives us good mechanics a bad rep. Good thing your gma had some common sense.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I know the area, too bad you didn't get the name. There are few car places around there so it'd be hard for me to guess.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm guessing its that place right near walmart that has cars for sale, its a little down the road from the gas station, then you go further and the entrance to the wal mart plaza is on your right. I'm gonna ask for the name of the place next time I see her

1 - 10 of 10 Posts