Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a rev limiter that's kind of the plug and play style.
7,200rpm cut off.
My SVT has 430 miles on it and has probably seen 7,500rpm's
more than what I would like to talk about.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Welcome to the FF..........Nice people here, we even have a Honda humper but.....

Are you new at manual transmission so you are having problems or you just like to push it?..........

Peace......

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Welcome! You just pushing it all the time. I don't think your getting to much power at 7200.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Yeah doesnt seem like theres much reason to take it that high anyways, theres not really anymore power up there, you're just dogging the engine after that, not so great especially when new

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I Know the ZX3 does 7200. But does the SVT? IF you had a ECU chip your engine would be up in smoke by nowLOL

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
No real need for a Rev limiter you should change around 5k in 1st and 2nd just for thats where the real power dies out id just listen to then engine and get to know when to change just by listening

·
Registered
510 Posts
with such low milage why are you pushing it so hard?? I'd still be taking it easy.

BTW can't you use your foot as a rev limiter????

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
South Dakota. Open highway
No I'm not a rookie I'm a former GNX owner.
I just enjoy pulling along the side of the poor unfortunet humper of a honda
wave at them as I switch into 4th,5th,and then 6th.
Just to watch them strugle to keep any form of gap from forming.
It's the fun of destroying any hopes they could ever have
as fast as I possibly can get it.

·
Registered
271 Posts
how come the focus motors stop at 7,000rpms and there is no redline? and also when i'm racing does anyone know a good rpm to take it to then shift at?

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
There is no redline I guess for estethic purposes on the gauge cluster but your engine goes def in red when you go at 6800RPM then the fuel shut-off kicks in.........

I launch at 2000 or 2100 RPM and usually shift around 5200 and 6000 RPM which is the dynoed max efficient power for the 2.0 Zetec........

Peace.......

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Why is it that when I do go to shift at 6,800, pull into 6th the engine just revs to 7,300 to
7,500 in the switch. Yes I pull off the throttle like .5seconds before the shift just seems to rev up. It's like this in all gears. This is why I'm looking for the limiter.
Or is this an ECU problem?

·
Registered
793 Posts
Seb656 said:
No real need for a Rev limiter you should change around 5k in 1st and 2nd just for thats where the real power dies out id just listen to then engine and get to know when to change just by listening
Exactly what I was trying to say earlier

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
The rev limiter causes fuel cut off at 7,200 ive hit the gas 2 hard not payed attention and done it before

As for shifting You can feel the power lose as you go through the gears this is what i do for the quickest exceleration 1st around 5k 2nd around 5500 3rd 6k 4th 6k 5th and 6th run to the red This seems to work for me

P.S. euro I love the avatar Good cd another 2 good ones are ATB - Movin Melodies and Paul Oakenfold - Voyage into Trance there both old school but are awsome

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Seb656 said:
The rev limiter causes fuel cut off at 7,200 ive hit the gas 2 hard not payed attention and done it before

As for shifting You can feel the power lose as you go through the gears this is what i do for the quickest exceleration 1st around 5k 2nd around 5500 3rd 6k 4th 6k 5th and 6th run to the red This seems to work for me

The fuel doesn't cut off in the SVT @ 7200 rpms. Take your SVTF to the dragstrip & shift @ 5 grand. I bet that if you shift at 3 grand you'll accelerate even faster.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
well the highest you can ride it 2 it 7200 before the car slams back from over excelarating and not switching gears you sure about if u shifted at 3 the highest power in 1 seems to be between 3-5 but maybe i just imagine it

1 - 19 of 19 Posts