Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may sound like a plug for Red Line but I just did my first oil change on my new ZX5 and put in Red Line 5W-20. Never really had any experience with using 100% synthetic oil before. Maybe its all in my head but I do believe there is a performance difference. The engine seems to run smoother. In fact, I still drive it hard when I have the chance but now I've been getting an average of 2MPG more on a tank of gas.

Anyone else used this, had the similar results? It's pricy $7.50 a qt. but you don't have to change it as often so in the end the money is about the same, not exactly, but close as using regular oil and changing it more often.

Now I/m thinking of puting their D4ATF fluid in ( yes, I have an auto trans). Anyone using their trans fluid?

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is an article in the Ford Focus Builders Handbook that discuses the use of Red Line synthetic and they actually seen very small HP increase using it. About 1-2 HP If I remeber correctly. People will still argue either way with the consistency of the Dyno pull as to whether or not it was under the same operatining conditions such as temperature of the motor and the weather. Who knows. Either way if you gain HP or not it is still supposed to protect your engine better than conventional oils.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts