Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any recommendations for an SVT certified dealer in South Florida???? I've heard of so many horror stories about dealers screwing up that I am scared to go at all.

Thanks,

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
I'd go nline to the ford site, type in SVT focus dealerships, and see what you come up with, then call/visit the dealerships, and develop a relationship with them, and see how they work, you have that right...[thumb]

My experience was great compared with what I have heard.....

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are I think 3 in my area. One of them also sells Saleen Mustangs and Foci. I just wanted to know if anyone on here had ever had previous experience from going to one of them. I want to have them check out a noise I have when accelerating hard in 1st and 2nd. I think its clutch related (although I don't have the rattle in neutral, gone when clutch engaged thing).

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
It looks like ford is doing away with the SVT certified program. The new Shelby Cobra (I have yet to hear anyone from ford call it the SVT Cobra) will be sold at any dealership. There is an article in the latest Car and Driver about ford dropping the ball bigtime with SVT.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I heard that too, but if I have to take it in (which I think I might have to), I want to take it to a place where they won't ask me, "SVT, is that some aftermarket thingy??????"

I guess I'll call around and ask if the have any experience with the SVTF. I'll ask stupid questions like, how many model years did they make it??? is it available in auto???? how many speeds does the manual tranny have??? what is a DSI????

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Don't be surprised if they aren't experts on the car. The two ford dealerships near me only sold a handful of SVTfs, so its not like they are used to seeing them every day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.