Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would do you guys suggest to begin with for a 2005 ZX3 SES (D20)?
Seeing as I don't bring in the greatest amounts of $$$ I'm looking to get the most performance/hp for the cheapest money to start off.

E-Mail: [email protected]

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
like with any car, intake, exhaust. i also recommend a short shifter and the rear engine mount. it'll help you drive the car faster, and put the power down faster and better.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are we talking cold air? or Turbo haha. If you could help me out a bit more I would appreciate it. Still new and don't want to [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] up my first car. Also it is still under warranty, so if any of this would void warranty let me know.

(Short shifter? rear engine mount?)

Thank you tho.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
^^^Technically any mod without a CARB sticker under the hood will porbably void your warranty, and is also not smog legal. Unless you go to a mod friendly dealer, and/or get an illegal smog....

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
How about tinted windows? That was my first mod and probably my favorite! Anyways he was talking about a Cold Air Intake from Marcy or Focussport.com...I got mine from FS and it's awesome! That and a custom exhaust system will get the motor flowing freely and you will definitely notice a gain of power. I dunno what a rear engine mount is. somebody else wanna explain that one? Intake is usually the first mod people do.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
A rear engine mount is just to keep the engine from major torque steer and vibrations... VF has a good engine mount that is stronger to reduce those symptoms...

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Cai I love the way it looks and makes the car sound then I like the XCAL tuner and turbovation what is a focussport CIA is it secret

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
^^^LOL I just noticed that too...

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
also, a touch on the warranty part.

if you add a CAI, and then the next time it rains really hard you show up at the ford dealer with hydrolock issues, they will probably point to the CAI. that said. if you put a CAI on your car and then a couple of days later your exhaust falls off, i highly doubt they would have any case saying that it was the CAI.

as you can see in my sig, i have the rear engine mount. it made a world of difference in shifting, and some people recommend to get it right alot with the short shifter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.