Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 SE HB DCT that i drive 60 miles per day and just wonder what easy mods people recommend to get more power and fuel economy would be cool also.

·
FF Affiliate
30,347 Posts
A full custom tune would be where I would start , I have a Tit MK3 and that has been the best thing so far as a single mod that made the most change

You can add engine mods but there not going to help the lack luster shifting of the DCT

Tom

·
FF Affiliate
30,347 Posts
I charge 429.00 and 20.00 for US shipping , you get the SCT XCAL4 , full custom tune , free tune updates as you add more NA mods , you can pay with check or MO or use paypal add 3%

My paypal and direct email is below , Please let me know of any questions you may have

Tom

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
A full custom tune would be where I would start , I have a Tit MK3 and that has been the best thing so far as a single mod that made the most change

You can add engine mods but there not going to help the lack luster shifting of the DCT

Tom
Came here to suggest this. Haha!

·
Registered
368 Posts
For some added horsepower at little cost, do the snorkel delete (free), a DryFlo or K&N drop-in filter (around $55), and change to premium gas. Suggest you do this before you get a tune.

·
Registered
9,258 Posts
Honestly, the best thing is good tires, and suspension upgrades. This car shines in the twisties. Don't expect a tune to be giving you high hp. If anything, Tires, then suspension upgrades (lowering springs, sway bar, strut bar), a rear motor mount, intake, exhaust, and then look at a tune. All in that order

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
get a rear motor mount or insert to get rid of some of the slop, I recommend the CFM one, but there's an insert thats cheap ans still helps a lot, fs werks insert, only $20 or less.

·
FF Affiliate
30,347 Posts
The OP asked " to get more power and fuel economy " The #1 gain in " more power " is a tune , thats been proven over and over again so yes I came here to let him know that

I have never seen tires , suspension , engine mounts add more power , I do agree with morrjr on the drop in filter for more power

Tom

·
Ford Fiend
2,976 Posts
Let's see...

The subject of the OP's post was...

Recommendations to make 2014 SE DCT more fun to daily driver
...and this was said.

...to get more power and fuel economy would be cool also.
Which would indicate to me that the OP is interested in more fun, with power and fuel economy as a secondary goal.

Therefore, I would say that all suggestions so far are on topic.

·
Registered
9,258 Posts
Yeah Tom maybe actually read what the OP said next time.

·
Registered
9,258 Posts
By the way OP if you want to get a tune get injected.

·
Registered
9,258 Posts
Did you read the title?

·
Ford Fiend
2,976 Posts
Yeah, I see how it could be interpreted both ways...

·
FF Affiliate
30,347 Posts
Did you read the title?
Yes I did , he stated " more fun " then was more specific and meaning "fun" to him he stated more performance and MPG , he was very clear what he is looking for

Tom

·
Ford Fiend
2,976 Posts
Yes I did , he stated " more fun " then was more specific and meaning "fun" to him he stated more performance and MPG , he was very clear what he is looking for

Tom
"More performance"? Yes, that would include all kinds of upgrades--including tires, suspension and engine mounts.

Clear as mud, evidently.

·
Registered
9,258 Posts
Lulz Tom just always jumps at these noobs trying to sell his tunes. But like I said, the first modifications should be tires and suspension. Tires for good grip and suspension for real fun where these cars do great, the turns. These are not great for doing straight line races because while they take off rather quick, they aren't high hp cars either.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts