Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall I'm new to the forum but I own a 2015 SE 1.0 i3 and i just machined up some spacers that go in between the recirc valve and the turbo housing. you get a lot more spool noise as well as a nice sound when it does pop off.

if anyone is interested in getting some let me know and I can make and ship them to ya, 10$ plus shipping or if you have the equipment I will attach a print so you can make them yourself.

cheers!
-Owen

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 Focus SE gray 5 spd hatch
1,519 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I think the sound of a turbo is cool and increasing it only makes it better but I'm just curious, is this mod for noise only or does it also have some performance effect that goes along with it?

·
Registered
780 Posts
The whole reason i bought a 50/50 valve was because i hated that there was no noise.
Way back when i contemplated making this kind of spacer(your diagram doesnt show the removable set screws for sound these kind have) i decided to go with the valve instead, but i cant recall the reason why.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can you post a picture of it in the car? I'm curious about it. I have a buddy that could print one off for me. Does material matter for it for the print?
material does matter, the turbo gets upwards of 300* and it needs to be made out of something that wont melt under those temperatures. i dont have a picture of it in the car since i designed and manufactured something similar to this out of brass (Boomba Racing BOV BLOW OFF VALVE ADAPTOR RED for 2013+ FORD MUSTANG ECOBOOST | eBay ) that fit the 1.0

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The whole reason i bought a 50/50 valve was because i hated that there was no noise.
Way back when i contemplated making this kind of spacer(your diagram doesnt show the removable set screws for sound these kind have) i decided to go with the valve instead, but i cant recall the reason why.
these spacers are the cheapest way of getting a blow off valve sound without spending hundreds on a turbosmart bov

·
Registered
780 Posts
these spacers are the cheapest way of getting a blow off valve sound without spending hundreds on a turbosmart bov
Yea, which was why i wanted to make one.
I think the reason i didnt and just bought the 50/50 valve was i couldnt find the measurements i needed to make it without removing the recirculation valve and taking the measurements from that, i use my car everyday so couldnt afford the downtime from taking it off to make and test it.
I got my turbosmart valve cheap so i cant complain too much.

·
Registered
629 Posts
You could have just gotten an open air intake to get the turbo intake and BOV noise. With this method, you're releasing air that was previously metered and the engine will run rich when initially going off the throttle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts