Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to hear some recipes for horsepower gains on my 2001 SE automatic. I got a great deal. Now I see how much potential the body has for modifications but I feel a bit handicapped with the automatic transmission. Clearly I would have loved to get turbo kit for but Im not about to change my transmission as well. Hope to hear some good info with brands and models to make my research and purchases easier. Thanks.[?|]

·
Registered
134 Posts
go for lentech automatic upgrades valve body,..... get a sct chip, and then go for the hp upgrades.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm new here and hate to be a newb, but what's a JRSC w/ FR Big Boost kit. I see alot of talk going on but it's all shortened down, which makes it hard for us new guys to read. sorry.[8)]

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
^^jackson racing supercharger with ford racing big boost kit. I dont think the stock auto tranny will be able to handle that much power Yel900. Both will run u a good amount of money. THe best thing to do is start from the basic bolt ons such as intake, exhaust, and header. Then others like a throttle body, UPDs( underdrive pulleys) and a performance chip. For and auto one of the best is the chip. It will help with the shift points of the tranny alot. Good luck hope i helped some.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I local guy here is running a JRSC with BBkit and bolt ons, on a stock ATX, hes been running that setup for about 2 months now without problems.. it wont last like that forever though and he knows it.. hes just saving to build up another tranny.

I personally would go with a full lentech, or atleast go with a Chip, converter, valve body, and some good fluid with a larger tranny cooler if u plan on boosting.

-Shawn

1 - 8 of 8 Posts