Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently i have the Bell Atrix. it works with my MFT texting included. issue is to get the texting working i have to go to the messages section and hit download new messages to get them? anyone else have this problem? only time MFT automatically updates saying messages were received is when i have messages unread on my phone and i get into my car and turn it on.

anyways, my main reason for posting is i want to know who has one of the recently released smartphones, and have tested it with MFT.

some Phones in specific i am curious about are:

HTC Sensation
Bold 9900
Torch 9810
Samsung Galaxy Infuse
Samsung Galaxy SII

I myself have tested the Samsung Galaxy SII in my car, and it worked great. issue is that the phone is so damn expensive to buy outright

Let me know what you find

·
Registered
416 Posts
This should be a good thread EW.

I have a Samsung Charge (Android). Don't have issues with receiving calls, but have to make the calls manually by going through the menu. Can't make calls via voice command.
Also, the pictures won't import.

Anyone have suggestions on how to get it to call via voice or get the pictures to import?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Ah, welcome to my daily headache!!!

My Samsung Epic and Samsung Galaxy Tab are TERRIBLE!

Constantly drops bluetooth connection! I was convinced that it was a problem with MFT until my wife got the new Motorola Photon. It is awesome which irks me because she doesn't drive my Focus. Everything works on her phone and doesn't drop connection.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Htc evo 4g

Anyone have any experience with the HTC EVO 4G in the Focus?

·
Registered
416 Posts
I firmly believe Bluetooth will be a constant headache, especially with the high-end smartphones. i mean, look at everything that's processing through it. I've played streaming music through it, but had to turn the car off to get it to move off that connection.

Then the other day was driving home from the Mustang car show and my 6 year old son was playing Angry Birds in the back seat. I was flipping through the songs on USB1 (iPod) and accidently hit the 'M' button which moved it to the Bluetooth connection. Suddenly we're hearing all the game audio over the speakers! Angry bird and pig sounds in full 10-speaker surround sound! Of course he loved it, but again, couldn't change it off that connection port till I turned the car off.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Anyone have any experience with the HTC EVO 4G in the Focus?
I have the EVO 4G. Pairs ok (although sometimes it doesn't pair when i start the car) and makes calls fine. Doesn't support the texting over BT which I am dissapointed about. Haven't tried streaming audio or using the voice controls for it yet.

·
Registered
967 Posts
For those of you having problems, did you try a reverse pair? aka, instead of having the car find the phone, having the phone find the car. I read it works better that way on android.

Also, as a whole bluetooth kinda sucks. It's just what we're stuck with.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My EVO 4g pairs just fine, pictures transferred, voice dials like a charm. Can't send pictures to the MFT and it doesn't support texting, but the bluetooth audio works just fine also.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have the Droid X, everything works well minus the texting feature... Haven't tried to send pics to the MFT from the phone yet though, is that possible?

·
Registered
416 Posts
As for pictures, I'm referring to pics of whoever is calling which is separate of transferring pictures (aka wallpaper). The associated picture is 'supposed' to transfer over with the rest of the data, but I'm apparently doing something wrong. The manual mentions some sort of permissions may need to be set on the phone side, but haven't found that setting as of yet.

Blackraven....yes, had to do a reverse pairing right off. Wouldn't even see the phone, so did the reverse pairing and that's what got me where I'm at currently.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I've played streaming music through it, but had to turn the car off to get it to move off that connection.
That happened with mine constantly untill I got the 2.11 update.

BTW... It's WAY easier to cycle the bluetooth on your phone than to kill the engine.

·
Registered
29 Posts
by pictures, I meant to send pictures to the MFT to display as wallpaper. Only a few phones are supported from what I am told.

·
Registered
416 Posts
For the pictures for wallpaper, you have to upload those via thumbdrive, can't do that via phone (or bluetooth), at least according to the manual. I copied pics to the thumbdrive, went to the wallpaper screen, plugged in the USB drive, selected the upload selection and selected those I wanted.

Important Note: For wallpaper, the pics have to be a very specific format and cannot be high resolution. Don't have it in front of me, but thinking it's something like 720 x 720... very low res.

·
Registered
416 Posts
That happened with mine constantly untill I got the 2.11 update.

BTW... It's WAY easier to cycle the bluetooth on your phone than to kill the engine.
<smacking forehead!>

Actually didn't kill the engine immediately, just rode it out. Trying to take the phone away from my son while he's playing Angry Birds would result in an even Angrier Boy!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I will have to try the reverse pairing with my phone, see if it fixes my bluetooth issue.

with the talk of samsung soon to release the Nexus Prime (the next google phone) soon. I am waiting to get it, as i hear its a 4.3-4.5 inch screen with a very very high resolution. being the new galaxy S is working, i would assume that this one should as well. plus it will have Ice Cream Sandwhich :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Picked up my Titanium Focus last night with MFT. I have my Nexus S 4G paired via bluetooth and haven't had a single problem. Things I have done:

- Audio Streaming
- Audio Streaming through Amazon MP3 cloud (voice commands for next, previous, play, pause work!)
- Made calls
- Received calls

I don't believe text messages work but I haven't tried it. Sync'd with the car by discovering the car through the phone and entering the code.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have tested 3 phones in the past 3 weeks, iPhone 4(latest iOS), Atrix(2.3.4), and Samsung Galaxy S II(2.3.4)

Iphone 4: Texting did not work, Contact Photos did not work, BT Audio Album art, and track/artist names did not work.
Atrix: Texting did not work, I could manually download texts, could not respond to texts, BT Audio did not stream, I could control Audio apps on the phone via MFT. Contact Photos did not work, BT Audio Album art, and track/artist names did not work
Galaxy S II: Texting Works, BT Audio Streaming Works, track/artist names work. Contact Photos do not work, and Media Art via BT do not work.

Did not notice any difference in functionality/non functionality when doing a regular pair Vs a reversed pair. my results were the same.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have tested 3 phones in the past 3 weeks, iPhone 4(latest iOS), Atrix(2.3.4), and Samsung Galaxy S II(2.3.4)

Iphone 4: Texting did not work, Contact Photos did not work, BT Audio Album art, and track/artist names did not work.
Atrix: Texting did not work, I could manually download texts, could not respond to texts, BT Audio did not stream, I could control Audio apps on the phone via MFT. Contact Photos did not work, BT Audio Album art, and track/artist names did not work
Galaxy S II: Texting Works, BT Audio Streaming Works, track/artist names work. Contact Photos do not work, and Media Art via BT do not work.

Did not notice any difference in functionality/non functionality when doing a regular pair Vs a reversed pair. my results were the same.

thanks for the info on the SGII

has anyone tried the blackberry bold 9900
this is the phone i am most intrested in

1 - 20 of 28 Posts