Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Got Bewst?
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was bored in class and started to search Craigslist, Nothing unusual there. So I go to the auto parts section of criagslist and search SVT, checking if they have any parts for my car (2003 SVT Focus). I come across a post for a set of 4 SVT five spoke rims with old tires for $100. I think it may be too good to be true but I email the guy, ask him if the price is per rim or total. Says the price is for the set. I promptly email him back, asking when the earliest I could meet him. So I end up meeting him today around 6, look at the rims for the first time (no pics on Craigslist) and theyre in PERFECT condition. So cobwebs aside, I'm super excited and without hesitation give the man the $100. I get home and check the tires and even they have a good 30% treadlife and they're michelin's. My plan for the rims is to eventually put on some DOT approved slicks for dragracing and possibly autocross later.

But anyways, just still reveling in the excitement of the awesome purchase. Thought I'd share it here. And what would a post like this be without pictures, so here are a few I just took in the driveway:

·
Lowlife
4,862 Posts
[8] Such a lucky steal!

·
Got Bewst?
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[8] Such a lucky steal!
That's what I though! When I saw the ad I thought it was fake at first! Turns out the guy had a zx3 and a buddy gave him the svt rims off of his and he never put them on, then sold the zx3 and forgot about the rims until he started cleaning out the garage. I don't think he knew what he had either. He said they were from an 06 on the ad lol

·
Got Bewst?
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats a sweet find, ive been trying to find one or two 5 spokes for that price. i would be totally fine getting four for that price lol
Thanks man, keep searching, they're out there. Search for long enough and you can find just about anything! Lol

·
Got Bewst?
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh no, not selling the EAP rims. No way. I got these because I wanted to get a second set to put some racing tires on. I wanted to start to drag / autocross and other racing like that eventually, but I dont want to wear out the same set of tires I drive on every day, so I bought these as a spare set to mount the race tires on. I already found the exact tires I want, now gotta earn the money to buy um.

The ones I want are here:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...utoYear=2003&autoModel=Focus SVT&autoModClar=

·
Got Bewst?
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I do drive down around monroe a bit. And yeah, we should meet up sometime. You too mellowness65

Happy Thanksgiving to yall!

By the way, any of you going to the all ford show over in indian trial this saturday? I think im going to be there for a while. Wanted to enter but I was too late or something? idk but Im still going as a spectator. Should be a fun time!

·
Got Bewst?
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's awesome man, fix it up and you could end up making money later on...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts