Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received this letter from an attorney up in Northern Ohio about my Focus. Has anyone received a letter like this regarding theirs? Sounds like a money grab to me...

Here's what the letter says:

Greetings,

According to records provided by DDM Marketing, it has come to my attention that you could be the registered owner of a 2013 Ford Focus. I have helped numerous consumers with serious problems and defects in their motor vehicles. Recently, I have received complaints related to defects in the 2013 Ford Focus including, but not limited to transmission hesitation, stalling, burning electrical wires causing smoke, power control module failure, electrical system problems, vehicle failing to start, issues with park assist, the MyFord Touch SYNC system, rear brake bulb defects, engine failure, and premature tire wear causing the vehicle to drift on wet roads. If your 2013 Ford Focus has had any of these problems, or if you have been experiencing other serious issues with your vehicle, then my firm may be able to help you.

You have rights, remedies, and entitlements provided by State and Federal laws that may entitle you to a manufacturer's buyback or a cash settlement. When I accept a client for representation, I methodically pursue numerous claims to provide my clients with the best potential recovery. I also strive to resolve your matter as soon as possible, and many of my matters are resolved in as little as ninety days.

Additionally, my law Firm will not charge you any attorneys' fees, court costs, or litigation expenses unless I obtain a recovery for you. In many cases, the law allows you to recover attorneys' fees and costs from the manufacturer. In any event, if there is no recovery, then you will not be responsible for any attorneys' fees, court costs, or litigation expenses.

To learn more and take our free lemon test to discover if you qualify for a buy back or cash compensation for your lemon vehicle, just dial our short Free Recorded Message at 1-888-750-3259. It's available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and you are not required to speak to anyone when you call this number and listen to this valuable free consumer information. So give yourself the lemon test, call now!

Sincerely,
Craig A. Kahn, Esq.
Founder and Managing Attorney
Kahn and Associates, LLC

·
Registered
800 Posts
Sounds good to me! It's free and you could get some money back... If I were you, I'll do it for sure.
No, it's just a (legal) scam. Some lawyers trying to make a buck off of dissatisfied customers. If he were to pursue it, he would find he stands to loose far more than gain, and waive any rights to follow up on legal challenges that may arise in the future. Have a problem? work with Ford or your own lawyer, not the ambulance chasers. I got one as well, and promptly put it in the trash, where it belongs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, it's just a (legal) scam. Some lawyers trying to make a buck off of dissatisfied customers. If he were to pursue it, he would find he stands to loose far more than gain, and waive any rights to follow up on legal challenges that may arise in the future. Have a problem? work with Ford or your own lawyer, not the ambulance chasers. I got one as well, and promptly put it in the trash, where it belongs.
Seconded. Mine is now in the black filing cabinet in the kitchen where my leftover dinner scraps were filed just a short time ago...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts