Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I installed my new EAP Recaro seats into my ZX3 and I wired them according to this how-to. And yet the air bag light in my dash is still on. Any one know how to fix that?

·
Registered
875 Posts
I remember a post about this in the past. I think it's caused by the weight sensor in the passenger seat. There's some kind of safety mechanism that keeps the airbag from deploying if a certain amount of weight is in the seat.

Anyway, the author of the original post I saw had to remove the weight sensitive pad from his original passenger seat and put it inside his new one. This fixed the problem.

If someone could provide a link to that topic, it would be more helpful than me. :p

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya i saw a post just like that. but the thing is the SVT's have to have some sort of sensor too. they are on manual sliding trakcs too. and thats what the how-to was doing, connect those sensors to the existing stock harness. but that didn't work.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so i asked on focaljet and they said to remove the old harness from the stock seats and then place them on the SVT seats. And sure enough they are the exact same sensors. However this time the air bag lights stayed off. While I was at it I hooked up the heating option. NOW i finally couldn't be happier with the seats, haha.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
xbox4414 said:
Any one know how to fix that?
Giving them to me? That could help[paranoid]

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
haha, or i could just put the stock wiring and sensors on the EAP's?

yep, did that today and no more warning lights.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
xbox4414 said:
haha, or i could just put the stock wiring and sensors on the EAP's?

yep, did that today and no more warning lights.
dammit

1 - 8 of 8 Posts