Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Oh yeah!
2,522 Posts
You might consider a local Recaro (as in the US) and just have it custom vinyled/colored/stitched in your colors. Our European Parts.net might be able to get some for you, but I can only speculate the amount of money that would cost.

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
shit those are NICE, they'd look great in a orange svt, or anycar cuz its recaro!

·
Registered
768 Posts
look like my stock ST seat but mine have better stitching and colors

·
Registered
538 Posts
You probably don't want them if you don't want to pay that much. I believe they are power adjust so factor that in with the fact that they are recaro..... my bet is 2k new if you can get them.

·
my car breaks!
2,103 Posts
yeah but thier awesome seats. don't worry about getting them anywhere but from ford in europe. i've already done all the research looking for them.

i never found a place to buy it and recaro told me thier probably only available from ford :| the rear seats are even nicer!

·
Oh yeah!
2,522 Posts
phatlt23 said:
no i would like to get them in the states i dont want to pay that much know what i mean.
Uh yeah, that's what I'm saying. I doubt you're going to find them here when they're only manufactured for a European focus. That's why I suggested an alternative to trying to buy an overseas part. I hope you realize, though, that this will be an expensive upgrade whether you buy a set of US Recaros here or from across the pond.

I'm sure a set will pop up on eBay after someone decides to import them but never used them.

·
Oh yeah!
2,522 Posts
You could get a set of black leather Recaros (SVT Euro ones and in other cars) for about $800-1000 on eBay if you're patient and frequent it enough. They do make cloth versions of the SVT Recaros too (not for the SVT Focus, though), so you could always track down some of those and find the brackets as well. There are a lot of options when it comes to finding seats. Recaro isn't the only brand out there that makes quality seats.

I have not seen the ST Focus (US) seats other than the cloth ones in every other Focus. Does someone have a picture of the premium ST seats?

·
Registered
768 Posts

The picture doesnt display the seats right they look funny at this angle

·
my car breaks!
2,103 Posts
focus_racer19 said:

The picture doesnt display the seats right they look funny at this angle
those look nothing like the recaro seats posted above. look around the headrests how the seats come up and such.

your look exactly like stock SVT seats

·
Registered
381 Posts
Sigh....why doesn't Ford want us to have nice seats in our cars? They stopped production on the SVT EAP Recaro, the ST and RS Focus seats are only available in Europe. It's as if Ford want us to have to upgrade to 'higher-end' cars if we want comfortable, supportive seats in quality leather. In Europe they have higher expectations...but since the Focus is selling well in North America even with all the downgrades, I guess our consumers are less-demanding :(

I'd pay $750-850 for a good set of seats.....why can't Ford see that as a potential source of income? Not everybody wants the cheapest black racing seat from Ebay. Some volume sales, not trying to get 100% markup on OEM seats - that would do it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts