Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a recall on fuel pumps for the 2000 and 2001 focus. No matter how many miles or status of warranty. I went to ford today and checked, but since I have a salvaged title, they wont fix it under the recall. Only safety related items will be fixed on a salvaged title, so I had to buy one for 262 bucks(OUCH!!!).

·
Registered
565 Posts
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE INFO!! [thumb]

·
Registered
951 Posts
Thanks for the info..........are the dealers up to date on this? My car is actually going in for recalls that hadn't been done yet and maybe I should bring this one up.

·
Registered
137 Posts
my pump is getting replaced right now.[thumb] my ford dealer told me that it's like 10 years or 100,000 miles after warranty. something along those lines not sure.

hey tiethescore you should've looked on line you could've found one cheaper. i know 1stfordparts.com has them for like 195 or something. look for a ford dealer that has an online store.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I just dropped my ride off to get some recalls done. Thanks for the heads up on this particular recall.......I never would of known, and not sure the dealership would of even told me abouyt it.

·
Registered
565 Posts
BIGBADWORM said:
I just dropped my ride off to get some recalls done
what other recalls did u get done???

·
Registered
161 Posts
damn, I've got a salvage also... wonder if I can talk them into it anyways (not damn likely). Well, maybe if Ford doesn't cover it, I might still be able to get my dealer to front it, seeing as he told me aobut the fourth time I had it in, his exact words were "I'll send it back to Ford to fix if I have too".

·
Registered
565 Posts
BIGBADWORM said:
Battery cables......rear wheel bearings...........fuel pump
awesome, thanks for the info!

·
Registered
951 Posts
Just to let everyone know......I got a call and my car is ready but one thing. There is a new fuel pump design coming out in January, Ford recommends you wait til the new design to get the recall done. My car is not stalling or engine cutting out......not safety problems. My dealership said in January I can get it fixed. Thats the info I received, if anyone has anything different to add, please post.

·
Boosted
2,814 Posts
what year is all the recalls for, and what r all the ones listed??

·
Registered
94 Posts
Fuel Pump

The fuel pump recall is not a recall per say. It is an extended warranty. Ford will only fix it if you can demonstrate a fuel pump related problem. I talked to the dealer where I bought the car about this as soon as it became a problem. They wanted to see the car do it and then they would troubleshoot it and repair it as they saw fit (more likely something different.) There was no way they would just do it and see if it were fixed. Ditto the dealership in the small town where I live. Today I scheduled it with a regional dealership that has just changed hands. They are willing to change it no big deal. I did describe the symptoms and my maintenance regemin (have changed the fuel filter 3X in last 20K miles.)

They did have to order the part. Acording to them, the new part is available.

·
Registered
39 Posts
What exactly is the problem with the fuel pump? What is it doing that made ford recall it? Because my car hesitates when I hit the gas sometimes. At first I thought it was the injectors, but maybe this is the problem.

·
Registered
123 Posts
The problem is the fuel pump Spyder62, so if you wait till January, you can get the recall done. Mine was doing the same thing till it actually stalled out on me a few times. Ford replaced the pump, but now with the recall I'm going to ask for the money I paid for the labor back. B/c the warranty covered the price of the pump but not the labor cost.

·
Registered
580 Posts
BIGBADWORM said:
Battery cables......rear wheel bearings...........fuel pump
wow, you got the rear wheel bearings recall done? when i got mine done, they told me they only issued the recall for people who bought their cars and/or lived in states where they use salt on the roads in the winter. (my dealer up here north of seattle was surprised, mine was the first they'd had to do - i bought my car in massachusetts)

did you move to calif from the great white north?:p

·
Registered
951 Posts
Born & raised in Southern Cal. When I called to make the appt I asked to get the recalls done, no questions asked they did them. Maybe since I live at the beach thats why they did it without any questions, who knows. Just waiting on the fuel pump now, thats my major concern.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yea, I just got my ford letter today telling me about it. Its kinda werid that now that i got the letter, the problem is getting worse. I have almost no power, and going up hills is not fun.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Spyder62 said:
Yea, I just got my ford letter today telling me about it. Its kinda werid that now that i got the letter, the problem is getting worse. I have almost no power, and going up hills is not fun.
i assume the letter for the FSI issue (Fuel Sending Unit - Fuel Pump). i thought the symptom this corrected was a problem starting the car, but i could be wrong.

my wife's car had an additonal issue - something about a connector in a wire to the FSI was loose, which was why her problems were random & unpredictable.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts