Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Got my car back yesterday. I can tell a difference in clutch grab and response as well with rpm changes. Not huge but they seem to not hang after shifting for a bit. Only thing I've noticed is that after coming off the freeway, when I engage the clutch pedal it's soft and goes right to the floor easily. Not sure if this is air in the lines or???

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Got my car back yesterday. I can tell a difference in clutch grab and response as well with rpm changes. Not huge but they seem to not hang after shifting for a bit. Only thing I've noticed is that after coming off the freeway, when I engage the clutch pedal it's soft and goes right to the floor easily. Not sure if this is air in the lines or???
Take it back and complain. Sounds like someone didn't bleed the clutch properly.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I talked to the service manager guy when I was there about the recall and he said it's first a TCM update which I already had, and a complete clutch assembly replacement if/when it does blow up.

Not sure why there would be a TCM update other than the rev-hang during up shifts.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Has anyone noticed if your dealer replaced the outer slave cylinder on top of the tranny? It appears mine was. I noticed some residue around this part before the change and when I checked it out, it looks like it was replaced with an all silver color part. I know they couldn't have cleaned it to make it this color I tried lol.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I just got the second letter saying to take the car in for the recall now that there's parts available. If that's the case, what was the point of the first recall and work?

·
Registered
604 Posts
I just got the second letter saying to take the car in for the recall now that there's parts available. If that's the case, what was the point of the first recall and work?
I thought it was to sucker people in to get that pcm update thing thats part of the recall first.
I still have yet to be contacted about this recall, recieved nothing from ford still.[drummer]

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had my 2016 1.0 in for the recall. The dealer checked the clutch, found it ok, and updated the PCM.

Prior to the recall, the clutch made some pretty bad noises on very steep hill starts (if anyone’s been to downtown Seattle, you know what I mean). They were kind of a really loud high humming/friction noise.

Since the PCM update, no problems. Huge improvement.

(And for those who think it’s driver error, please consider that I grew up driving manual boxes in Vermont, have held a competition racing license, and have driven and preserved all kinds of cantankerous old gearboxes)

·
Registered
604 Posts
Just wanted to let you guys know i just finally got my recall notice for #18S07 - cross car line clutch burst.
It makes no mention of a PCM flash or corrective action needed. Basically just a reminder but never recieved the initial notice two years ago.
Now when i bought my purge valve from the dealer back in march i had them run my info for my car regarding this recall and PCM flash and my car wasnt included in the recall, did not require the repairs according to my vin number, and now it is.
This is also the first thing ford has ever sent me other than a bill.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts