Focus Fanatics Forum banner

101 - 120 of 406 Posts

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Hi there! I have not yet had a chance to speak with a dealership (I purchased this car through carmax). It has 37,800 miles
Thanks!

I highly recommend speaking with a dealership about this concern to get a diagnosis. :) Once you do, please let me know.

Meagan

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks!

I highly recommend speaking with a dealership about this concern to get a diagnosis. :) Once you do, please let me know.

Meagan
Will I need to bring in the letter about the issue to have them look at it? Because I don't have one of those [mecry].. I was planning on taking it in on my next day off (monday) but if I need that letter everyone says they've gotten in the mail I may be stuck in a rut here!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Look at the beginning of this stickie" for more details & how to check if your car is included:http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=455833

Second post shows letter contents & ford system to look up programs that apply to your exact VIN.
As far as I can tell, my vehicle fits all of the criteria for that post except the date my vehicle was manufactored.. The latest date in that posts says June 15th, 2013. My Car was made in September 2014. How does this change my situation?

Sorry for my noob questions in advance :D

·
__________/\__
2,128 Posts
As far as I can tell, my vehicle fits all of the criteria for that post except the date my vehicle was manufactored.. The latest date in that posts says June 15th, 2013. My Car was made in September 2014. How does this change my situation?

There is much confusion about this issue. You do not need the letter to have your transmission serviced under warranty. The letter informing owners about the warranty extension on specific transmission parts is a customer satisfaction program, not a recall. Your 2014 Focus transmission is covered by your factory 5 year/60,000 mile powertrain warranty and your 80,000 mile emissions warranty (transmission control module) The 14M01 warranty extension that the letter refers to is only for cars built between August 1, 2010 and June 15, 2013 but that does not even take effect until after the factory powertrain warranty has expired on those cars.

Your 2014 Focus was built after June 15, 2013 so it is not currently included in the 14M01 warranty extension but you may take your car in to have the transmission diagnostics performed and serviced if needed under your existing 5 year/60,000 mile powertrain warranty.

So, bottom line, if your car has less than 60,000 miles and you have a transmission shudder, take it in, you are covered under your factory powertrain warranty.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Will I need to bring in the letter about the issue to have them look at it? Because I don't have one of those [mecry].. I was planning on taking it in on my next day off (monday) but if I need that letter everyone says they've gotten in the mail I may be stuck in a rut here!

The letter was only sent out to owners involved, but you don't need to bring it with you to have it taken care of. Dealers will be able to check to see if the vehicle is included. Since your vehicle is outside of the window, you will not be included in the Customer Satisfaction Program's warranty extension. However, since you're still under your original warranty, I recommend you bring it in to have the dealer diagnose your concern.

Go ahead and send me a private message with your VIN, updated mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location. I'll look into some options.

Meagan

·
Registered
24 Posts
The letter was only sent out to owners involved, but you don't need to bring it with you to have it taken care of. Dealers will be able to check to see if the vehicle is included. Since your vehicle is outside of the window, you will not be included in the Customer Satisfaction Program's warranty extension. However, since you're still under your original warranty, I recommend you bring it in to have the dealer diagnose your concern.

Go ahead and send me a private message with your VIN, updated mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location. I'll look into some options.

Meagan
I have sent you a message! hear from you soon!

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Browne - When you get a chance, could you change your member info. to show the '14 model?

Earlier responses assumed you had the '13 that currently shows.

Tx

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I rented 2 Focuses (or is it Foci? lol) this year; one in Wisconsin and one in Texas.

Each exhibited the same jerky take off from a stop. The first time it happened I almost thought the car was on the verge of stalling! When I returned one of them, the Hertz rental guy told me this was "designed that way to simulate a manual transmission". Seriously? Thumbs down, if that's the case.
Define "jerky"? Like someone who isn't good with a manual transmission "bucking"? Yes, it will do that sometimes if you get on and off the gas too quick, it literally IS a stick shift with the shifting controlled by a computer. You also get all the power and mileage of a manual as well so if you don't like it, oh well, I love that part about mine... It is easy to control by simply being easy going on and off your gas pedal... BUT, if you are talking about a weird vibration when taking off slowly from a stop, that is what the "shudder" issue is that we are discussing in this thread... just to clarify...

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I have sent you a message! hear from you soon!
I have good news, I looked up your VIN, and your vehicle was actually built April 2013, not September 2014, so you're within the window for this Customer Satisfaction Program after all. You may not have received a letter if the original owner is still listed on file - it would have been sent to them.

Meagan

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have good news, I looked up your VIN, and your vehicle was actually built April 2013, not September 2014, so you're within the window for this Customer Satisfaction Program after all. You may not have received a letter if the original owner is still listed on file - it would have been sent to them.

Meagan
Ah that is good news indeed! So I suppose the next question is, how long does it take files to update to show me as the new owner, and once it is updated will they send a letter to me or does it even matter? I've had my focus for about 3 weeks now

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Ah that is good news indeed! So I suppose the next question is, how long does it take files to update to show me as the new owner, and once it is updated will they send a letter to me or does it even matter? I've had my focus for about 3 weeks now
When I get started, I will add the VIN to your contact account, but letters are only sent out once. Your dealer will be able to verify if anything applies to your VIN.

Meagan

·
Registered
24 Posts
When I get started, I will add the VIN to your contact account, but letters are only sent out once. Your dealer will be able to verify if anything applies to your VIN.

Meagan
Okay great! I really do appreciate all the help you're providing to me! [twothumbs]

·
Registered
29 Posts
Update - dealer found multiple stored codes relating to the TCM - exactly as Sailor predicted. They are replacing it right now. Thanks to Meagan for the support and follow up too. I guess the moral of the story is I should have changed dealers sooner.

·
Registered
495 Posts
My car is a 2012 and after the dealership did an "update" on my transmission it drove well for a few days but now it's worse. Can I take some piece of paper in there and have them fix it? The car shudders so bad 2-3 gear switch that i can't even get my wife to drive it.

101 - 120 of 406 Posts