Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
GoKart and Me!!!
13,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title states, I need to get my speedometer recalibrated because of my aftermarket wheels. I found out, while using my GPS, that my speedometer is 3-4 miles ahead of my actual speed. For example; speedometer would read 70mph, but GPS is reading 67mph. Is there an easy way to do this or am I better off taking it in to the dealrship and have them do it or just leave it and do the "Kentucky windage" thing? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
x3 can do that. there should be a Rev/mile thing in the user options you can change. now you will need to do some math to figure that out or see if they have it listed on the manufactures website.

·
Jetsetter
6,659 Posts
seeing as you have a tune, i could be wrong, but contact they tuner with the new wheel size and they should be able to adjust the ecu to send the proper speed to the cluster.

another thing you can do is take the cover off your spedo remove the needle and use your gps, a long road and cruise control and replace the needle at the proper position.

·
Super Moderator
9,564 Posts
Carl, the way I do it is by removing the gauge cluster cover and using the instrument cluster test mode. To do this just put your key in the ignition, hold the reset button(the button used to reset your trip meter) in for 4-5 seconds until it shows "Test", after it shows "Test" you can press it a few more times until it comes to one that says "Eng" and that will show your MPH. Find an empty road and just drive around slowly watching the speedometer and the trip meter to see if they are closely matched. If they are closely matched then there is nothing wrong with your speedometer...there is something wrong with your GPS speed measuring lol. Good luck man.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts