Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

I recently came into possession of a damaged but workable IM and plenum from the Jackson Racing supercharger kit.

Problem of course, it needs a couple fixes and many of the peripheral parts are missing.

I've already written to Moss Motors, who kindly informed me that they cancelled any work with the JRSC products years ago and can be of no help.

Considering I may be one of the few, but not the last, to try and use this device, I'm seeking any assistance possible from the community to help me fabricate and piece together the required equipment to make it happen.

Specifically the following:
- Lower s/c support bracket
- Power steering reservoir relocation bracket
- Power steering pump bracket
- Fuel throttle cable bracket
- Everything else should be fairly easy to source.

If anybody has these pieces laying around, a scan or trace and measurement of them would be enough to get them fabricated. Or you could do a solid for the community and send them to me to be replicated and I will send 'em back if you desire.

Cheers,
-schrodingersbox

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just my advice. Move on that kit is not worth the time and money.
I appreciate the advice pasta but I might disagree in my case. My goal isn't to make an HP monster, it's simply a project car to get me away from the keyboard from time to time that I can winter daily as well as haul stuff in. I've got an Mk3 so it's nice to work on something with less computers.

On the topic of cost though:

FSWerks Turbo Kit (the only BNIB game in town) - Considering exchange, taxes and shipping it comes to roughly 5500$ Canadian, +all the other required engine upgrades and time, labour for things I'm not privy how to do well and shouldn't risk it comes out to well over 10k.

Even if I build a custom kit, it's still thousands upon thousands, and I get to live with a car that could wind up finicky and need a fair bit of extra attention. I'm going for relatively simple install, easy maintenance, not a monster power gain.

These two pieces from the JRSC I have cost next to nothing, like pennies really, another $1000 in parts and I can slap it on a mostly stock motor but I am building a mild NA here in the garage for when the SC is ready. A smaller pulley, couple of engine upgrades and I'm around 220hp which is where I want to be for literally thousands and thousands less than a turbo setup.

If you've got any other reasons I'm open to suggestions. If you'd like to buy me a turbo kit I'm all ears ;)

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
Chuckle

pasta has one (SVT) currently in regular use and has been searching for a Supercharged option for a while, had hoped to find something reasonable for a reasonable gain without too much hassle.

Dependable, cheap, easy, didn't all come together.

More possible for a project that's not also a daily driver, so easy & dependable aren't as critical.

When some of the options were new thay also had canned tune options, "chip" type or replacement PCM so tuning was theoretically easier. (plug & play)

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ahhh I see haha, well I do hope it doesn't go the same way as pasta's. It's not an essential vehicle in my stable as it is, so I'd be able to make life work just driving the mk3. Lots of time, lots of space, if the SC doesn't come together... I'll make something happen.

Just having fun on this one!

I'd just recently read about the included chip tunes that came with these, but read that those tunes couldn't compensate for further mods to the engine, so custom tune time anyway. While I'm happy to run as stock as possible, eventually, I won't.. so.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good news! A kindly Focus guru directed me to McNews who stock and sell replica mount kits for 200$ USD. So that's super helpful and still mega cheap compared to a full kit second hand. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts