Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I'm selling to get another SVT. As most know I started out with a used one, made the dealer buy it back for issues with it done by the previuos owner. Thought I would like a reg ZX3 and was wrong. I really miss the SVT.

·
Registered
16 Posts
focus is gone

Well where should I start. Focus was too small have a wife and one 16 month old with another on the way so needed a bigger vehicle. My rear brakes kept goping my transmission was slipping. the bushing were shot as well as a few other issues so now it is a dealer issue not mine.

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
I haven't sold yet but planning to very soon (or waiting til spring due to the police recruitment stuff I'm going through right now).

Reason for selling....

1. To small
2. Not enough power
3. Outgrown the sport compact scene (I'm 29 years old with a LOUD car)
4. Want a bigger car, 4 doors, more luxurious, etc
5. Sucks in winter (lowered)

I'm planning to get a VOLVO S40 T5 or something like that, maybe BMW or a Infinity G35 SC but not great for winter either (for comparison as to why I'm selling when I do).

·
Registered
10 Posts
To adequately answer the question of "why sell," I should give a bit of background....

Six years ago I bought a '91 Miata for $4,000. It was a great car -- never a problem. I sold it two months ago for $3,200 because I needed something a bit bigger. So, because it was already eight years old when I bought it, it only depreciated $800 during the six years I owned it!

So I replaced the Miata with an '03 SVTF (EAP). I love the Focus!!! It is a great vehicle with which to replace the Miata. I am, however, considering selling it because I can't stand the fact that it's depreciating. I'm thinking I should get something 6-8 years old whose depreciation has already bottomed out.

That's the only reason I'm flirting with the idea of selling - can't stand the thought of rapid depreciation.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
One thought... it's 2005 and that means people with 5, 4, or 3 year loans have paid off their car and are ready to move on to the next vehicle. I forget where I read the statistic, but the average car owner keeps their car for about 5-6 years. So the earliest Focus owners who had a medium-to-long time span loan are now coming off loan and realizing they want another car, for many of the reasons already mentioned by other posts above.

As to the large numbers of SVTs for sale lately, it seems to be a car that inspires a want in ownership but ultimately leaves the owner wishing they had paid a little more for a faster car. It attracts the type of buyer who is always looking to trade up to more power and doesn't have any sentimental attachment, which speaking from experience is pretty easy when the car is as quirky and troublesome as the SVT. If SVTs were absolutely dead-nuts Toyota reliable I suspect more people would be willing to hang onto them as a second or third car in addition to a newer car purchase.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
my reasons...modded the crap outta it, lost a ton of cash, got screwed in the end by a buncha focus people leaving me with about 4500 dollars including the price of selling the car... GAY...car was not a complete waste though. believe me :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am selling my SVT because it's just not me.... I am going to buy an Acura TL..... So if you want a bad ass focus SVT..... Hit me up!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
*~*
13,045 Posts
And here we are wanting an SVT bad..............damn you lucky bastards who have one and are selling or already did. [:(]

·
Registered
216 Posts
selling mine to drop a payment, all i really need is what i owe. going in the marketplace tonight..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts