Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought 2004 1.8 zetec focus, lovely car but have small issue with rear wiper not parking. Had spare motor and fitted but still doing same thing, is this a fault with the timing relay and where exactly is it located ?

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
My guess would be yes on the relay. The owners manual will tell you where it is exactly but it is located in the drivers compartment fuse panel (at least in an American car and Euro cars should be the same).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response to my query about the timing relay for the rear wiper. I'm going to have a go at changing the relay on the weekend and at the same time look into another problem which has just come to light. This is no number plate lights working and no high level break light working. The central locking and rear wiper are working so I wonder if there is a possible break in the wiring loom at the point of where the loom comes out of the roof panel and into the tailgate on the rubber boot section? The reason I ask this is becasue rear number plate lights and break lights would be on two separate fuses, which would come under rear tail lights/side lights and break light circuit. Have you ever known of the wiring loom to break at this point?

Thanks again.[:)]

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Sorry but I don't know much about the electrical parts on these cars. I have heard other members having issues similar to yours but don't know how they fixed them. If you need extra help, you can always try the search button for this forum; you my find something. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
433 Posts
That wiring loom is a weak point on these cars. Mine fried the hatch release and when I turned the key on the trunk was stuck open. Killed the rear wipers and the plate lights. There is a thread somewhere showing how to fix it. I would find it but I'm on my phone. Good luck.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi

My 2004 focus had the same wiper parking issue as yours. I was told to replace the replays, in which i did, both of them. No difference. So i bought a new rear wiper motor from Ford, about £45.

Problem fixed now. The only hard bit is getting the wiper arm off it's splines, pain in the neck :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts