Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for opinions or perhaps similar experiences.

2003 Focus ZTW Wagon
Rear wiper will stop in the middle of the window, when the intermittent timer is in use. It will stop at random spots, not the same place each time. After a while, it resumes, or goes back to the 'home' position.

However, if I activate the rear WASHER, this makes the wiper go into continuous mode (non-intermittent), and the wiper works fine, continuously.

FRONT wipers work fine on intermittent setting, however.

Do I simply need to swap out the steering column wiper switch? I've done that before, but not sure if that's really my problem here. Another thought is a bad/looose/frayed wire or connection in the rear hatch door wiring. Perhaps the intermittent setting is on a differnt wire than the 'always on' setting.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Try wiggling the hatch harness at the typical break point while wipers are set to 'on'. If the problem changes, that could be it. The motor most likely works fine if it operates as expected in 'washer' mode. I would suspect the multi-function switch, but guessing can cost money!

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
That's the problem I've got with "guessing " on this one.

For the front that symptom is a well known relay problem, but i don't know if the intermittent on the rear works the same way through a relay for that end.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts