Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replaced my rear wiper blade with a Rain-X blade .. The blade doesnt work right, it doesnt have the correct curve to it. It doesnt make complete contact to the window .. Does the edge wiper fix this?

Suggestions?

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
if you have a zx3 you can get the smallest bosch icon (17" i think, or maybe 15") and it works great.

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
I have the Edge blade which LOOKS great, but doesn't always sweep cleanly at the top of the arc...

Prior to that, I had a Trico Teflon something-or-other (ICON imitation), which was 1" longer than stock (so 15", I think) and which worked GREAT and cleared a noticeably wider area than stock (and, yes, it clears the SVT spoiler). So I'd recommend one of those, or of course an ICON.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think im going to try a different blade... Id rather have functionality than looks..

·
Registered
504 Posts
use either bosch icon or Valeo Ultimate (similar to ICON and theres a deal on them on tire rack)

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,785 Posts
Ive got a rain-x wiper and I have no problem at all with it.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
It snowed a little this morning....and I got to test out my new Michelin Optimum rear blade. It looks similar to a Bosch Icon, which I could never find in a 16" size.

This 16" Michelin contacts the rear window at the top edge much better than the standard 15" Bosch blade that was on there. I like it....looks nice, cleans well. Found it at Target for $15.

·
Leave it stock?
2,284 Posts
i have the wiper off the ford edge, it works very well for me.

·
Banned
2,334 Posts
i think rain x blades suck . front and back, front the blade will get frozzen with a arch in the winter and the blade will not remove watter in the middle of the window and the back it doesnt get the whole rear. im going to give the silacone blades a try.

·
Supercharged
3,275 Posts
i think rain x blades suck . front and back, front the blade will get frozzen with a arch in the winter and the blade will not remove watter in the middle of the window and the back it doesnt get the whole rear. im going to give the silacone blades a try.

PIAA Silicone ones are the only way to go. I have had my PIAA ones for over 2 years and they are just now starting to show wear.

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,785 Posts
You do know that there are winter and summer type blades right? winter blades have rubber covering to prevent the freezing issue.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Which wipers will fit on these cars to give it the euro look? And where can I get one? I dont like the stock metal arm....

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
^^ Get the wiper from the Ford Edge - it's cheap, direct fit, looks great, and does a decent job on the window (I know all this because I have one).

The Mazda 3 hatch wiper also fits - and may or may not look and work better - but it's more expensive.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Where can I get one? And how much is cheap, lol.

·
Focus Enthusiast
3,002 Posts
I'm pretty happy with my rear wiper delete, prior tot hat, I also had the issue of the blade not aking full contact, but since removing it, I can honestly say I don't miss it.
Yes, I know I'm lucky enough to live in the desert where I take my front wipers off and don't need them for months at a time, but when it does rain the heavy rain mixes with the dust in the air and it literally rains a thinned out mud. even with that brown slurry pouring down, the rear window with 5% tint still work enough for my needs without the wiper, I don't even bother putting rain-x on it anymore,

1 - 20 of 26 Posts