Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried all the switchs, but the rear windows will not work. I also notice the "lock out" button doesn't seem to be working, it is supposed to lock the front pass anger window , right?

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Hi tommyinajar.

Silly question on the lockout, but is the control slid to the left? That locks out the rear passengers so only the driver has access. If your windows still won't work, you may want to visit the dealer to have it diagnosed. Let me know if I can help in any way.

~Natasha

·
Wheel King, Bow Down
1,918 Posts
Did both windows stop working at the exact same time?

If not, it could be faulty window regulators. They tend to go out fairly often.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi tommyinajar.

Silly question on the lockout, but is the control slid to the left? That locks out the rear passengers so only the driver has access. If your windows still won't work, you may want to visit the dealer to have it diagnosed. Let me know if I can help in any way.

~Natasha
I just got the car that way. I thought the lockout switch locked both the back 2 and the front passenger windows so it was driver control only. That's the way it is on my other cars.

I guess it only locks the rear because I got them working. The guy before me that owned it never had the back working for the last 4 years.

I started pulling out the master and lockout switch. I noticed the door jam area has two rubber looms with a twist on connector, much like a headlight. I unscrewed both, sprayed with electrical cleaner, tightened down and- voilà !!

I searched quite a bit and found a lot of focus cars with the same problem. Nothing I saw mentioned this fix. I just happy I didn't need motors, I was surprised how they zipped down perfectly after 4 + years of non use.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts