Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - did some searching and came up empty. Looking to see if Ford or an aftermarket company offers custom-fit sun shades for the rear windows on the Focus. If you've never heard of this, I was used to them in my prior VW purchases. They were custom fit to the rear two side windows and back glass - kept the sun off my daughter but allowed us to avoid completely tinting the windows which we're not crazy about (just personal preference).

Here are the ones I had on my VW Golf. Had them on the back two windows and the rear glass - great OEM fit and quality. Any ideas? Thanks! [cheers]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great find! Might have to look into those if they're not too cost prohibitive (look to be about $100 for the rear two windows).

To answer the question on tint, we just don't care for the look of tint, especially on a lighter colored car (we have ingot silver). Just personal preference. Additionally, like the ability to pull the window shades out when we don't need them for better visibility.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to MkIII Interior Mods section for more looks.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Ah this thing looks pretty interesting. I've been debating whether to tint my windows, or just deal with the sun. (I believe NY law is 70%+ light transmitted- absolute. Haven't decided whether to just tint or find another alternative). I've seen some sun shades where you just "stick" it to the window, but these seem to be a better option with custom fit.

I think the amazon link was only for the rear windows, but i found the complete set on ebay: for Groovy
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FOLDABLE-ME...essories&hash=item43ccbd992f&vxp=mtr#shpCntId

Has anyone tried these yet? I'm not too crazy about sticking the clips to the door/leather...and was wondering how these hold up with the window open/semi open.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Interesting, but I am not sure what happens when you need to roll down the windows. I like a good quality ceramic tint because it rejects heat. I also like having tint on the front side windows to filter headlights in the side views at night and blocking UV during the day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts