Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I bought what appeared to be a fairly decent focus, knowing full well it was a previous CAT N repair. All appeared good until I hit some debris and the garage found more problems..

I thought all had been rectified until recent icy conditions found me using my rear window demister which failed to work. There is a distinct clicking noise from the rear of the vehicle so I am confident there is still power running from the button to the rear of the car.

Upon removing the plastic trim in the boot I have found that on the O/S I have a brown/yellow cable which is connected to the grid and appears in tact, moving down the wire however there is a spur from the wrapped cabling with a brown/yellow connector which is not connected to anything. Nor does it appear there is anything to connect it to!

The N/S has a black and white cable which is connected and runs all the way through to the inner roof lining where both sets of cables meet.

Is someone able to provide me with a wiring diagram or an image of what SHOULD be under this trim? The trim to which I refer is the piece that runs along the length of the top of the boot door. There are also a couple of other connectors that are disconnected... One is attached to a small box, bolted to the boot door, possibly part of the alarm system?

Please and thank you in advance.

Cheers

Jack!

·
Registered
2013 Focus SE gray 5 spd hatch
1,770 Posts
You should post a pic of what you're looking at so it's easier for everyone to envision what you're talking about exactly.
There's a defroster tab soldered onto each side of the rear window behind the plastic trim. There should be a connector that plugs onto each one. If one is missing then you won't have a working defroster.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts