Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have two 2012 SE's one I bought from a dealer the other from CarMax.

Saw the problem when I bought it from CarMax and they replaced the rear deck.

The one I bought from the dealer has the problem now. I will contact them.

Thanks for all the info!!!!

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I have two 2012 SE's one I bought from a dealer the other from CarMax...The one I bought from the dealer has the problem now. I will contact them.

Thanks for all the info!!!!
Let me know what your dealer says. :)

Meagan

·
Registered
18 Posts
My rear deck foam has been gone for about a year and a half. I wish I would've seen this thread earlier. Its a 2012....

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I've got the same issue on my '12 focus sel with 15000 miles. Going to the dealer today and see what they say.
Hi there,

Let me know when you hear back from your dealer. :)

Meagan

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
I had the same issue but was out of warranty. I just cut up some black foam blocks and filled them in. Good as new, can't tell they are there, and will last.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
they just said I have to make an appointment and it will be taken care of since it is still under warranty.
Once you have an appointment set up, please let me know so I can look into additional assistance.

Meagan

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have the same issue with mine. It just disintegrated. Going back to dealer tomorrow morning. BTW, clutch/seal replacement going on two (2) weeks now. reprogramming is taking some getting used to, but no shudder whatsoever anymore. Car has 12,726 miles now.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I have the same issue with mine. It just disintegrated. Going back to dealer tomorrow morning. BTW, clutch/seal replacement going on two (2) weeks now. reprogramming is taking some getting used to, but no shudder whatsoever anymore. Car has 12,726 miles now.
Let me know how the visit goes! :)

Meagan

·
Registered
100 Posts
Went back to my dealer. The service writer knew nothing of this problem. Just so happens the Service Mgr was walking by and she asked if there was a problem. The writer explained issue and he didn't even finish and she said there's a TSB about it and it'll be fixed as soon as the part comes in. Well they called me last night, (same day) at about 1800 hrs and said they have part, bring it in anytime tomorrow and we'll replace it. Went in at 1030 this morning, they took the car right in and I had it back in 1 hr. I'm liking this place. [woot]

·
Registered
1 Posts
I actually just bought a 2012 Ford Focus and when I test drove it I noticed this and thought it was missing a vent cover... good to know what the case is and why they didnt replace it, will have to mention it to them again, I live in MA too, maybe its the air around here!

·
Registered
6 Posts
2012 Ford Focus Titanium and the rear window decking is disintegrating! Ford is going to replace, but has anyone else seen this? I have heard that it could be the sun? I live in Mass, not in

Wow- others too! I'm new to the forum and just saw this! I thought maybe the guy who has this 2012 focus before me had dogs or something that did this. Sounds like the sun just disintegrated it!

·
Registered
139 Posts
yea... doesnt work. The dealers in my area are horrible. I wish Ford forced more control on them. (A lot of companies can fine franchisees when the need presents itself)

I need corporate to try to talk to them. I PMed service over the weekend and still have not heard back :(

·
Registered
100 Posts
That sucks. My dealer here in NJ (Lucas, Burlington, NJ) have been the most awesome people to deal with. The added kicker is that I bought the car elsewhere. If my wife decides on a Ford for her next vehicle, I'm going there.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
7-Up Bill are you still under the 3/36k warranty? If not dealer is paying for it. This is only covered under the original warranty, not extended warranty. "cosmetic" issues aren't covered by extended warranty.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts