Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
MW2 NE1?
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any special way to take off the svt wheels in the rear? i have taken off all the lugs on em and the car is sitting on jack stands. i have kicked them to try to loosen em and nothing. dont want to do anything extreme to mess something up

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
hit it on the tires with a rubber hammer! hit it in the torque pattern.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I needed a bigger surface area when I did mine. Wrap a board with an old towel, get a small sledge or big hammer blast on it a few good times and they should come off NO PROBLEM. The bigger surface area makes it happen. I used anti-sieze on the backside of the rim where it touches with the hub and have had basicly no problems since.

Good luck

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
get a long pry bar, wedge it in a suspension part, sit it against the back of the wheel and push/pull til it pops.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
^^^ yup thats what i did with mine.. i had a long heavy ass solit pipe...just slid through the wheel and just pulled up and the weight of it just popped off

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Hit it like you love it.

Just make sure you have a solid jackstand under the car; don't want to pull a Ferris Bueller.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Get some PB blaster. It's a few bucks for the can. I am having the same problem as you. I will be taking my car to a mechanic to remove one of the wheels. I can only beat it so much.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
ah just get a 2X4 wrap it with a rag put it up against the wheel get a hammer and go to town..... or drop kit it... that works too..

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
the pipe way works very well

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
Same thing happened with my car, no matter how hard I tried, we couldn't get the tires off. My solution came whenever I swapped rims with a friend, took my car by Walmart, and let them do the dirty work...never had a problem since.

·
Registered
675 Posts
My ZX3 would have a wheel that would stick. Also happened to have a wheel stud messed up on the same corner.

Ever since I have replaced that wheel stud the wheel comes right off when I need it too.

·
Powering America
8,559 Posts
What I always did with my old car (don't have this problem with the new one) is to leave the lug nuts on (loosely) and set the car back down on the ground, the rock it back and forth, which should break the wheel away from the hub.

Mike

1 - 15 of 15 Posts