Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have yet to come across a Rear wheel disc conversion kit for my zx3, Would like to find something, because having drum in the rear looks kind of tacky when you get a set of nice rims. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Not worth the money unless you are planning on doign some racing or goign to have a lot of power on your car. If you can find a car that had advance trac and had rear disc brakes from the factory, all the kits are around 1000 dollars the one kit that was 495 dollars but you have to buy a few factory parts to complete the kits. I believe you have to buy spindles from ford the spindles each are about 150 dollars so that plus the 405 is already 800 plus there are other parts needed form the factory.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Yeah I agree with pitchblack on that, I was going to buy them when I got the ztw new, but they only came with the advance trac and abs package ( which I did not want). I am struggling with the same thing, I want to put wheels on the car, but I want discs out back, but as above they are not cheap...I keep hoping I might luck into a wrecked svt and get some brakes.

·
Registered
798 Posts
yeah just go to your local junk yard to get the parts. Hopefully you are just doing it for looks because rear brakes only do about 10-15% of the stopping.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
I agree with you focus, it is mostly for looks, and I am usually a performance first guy, I just hate the look of drums out back with trick wheels. As far as stock brakes go, at least for the street, the focus stops pretty well

·
Registered
123 Posts
I keep visiting the local yards hoping that I will find a wrecked SVT sometime, that I can pull everything I need from it. As well as a few other choice parts.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
according to the new Holdener book, Focus Central sells a kit thatis comprised entirely of OEM ford parts. not sure about the cost, though.

Mike

·
Registered
523 Posts
I've seen disk brakes on ZTS models also. I have a SE, so i know what u mean. Been lookin myself.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
You oughta take that SE on a lap around Lincoln Speedway Ravage!!!!
Bat-inc sells rear conversion as I was thinking this same thing myself but it is really pricey but remember you have to pay to play!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ICK, I think i'll do what everyone is doing, waiting to find an SVT in a junkyard and strip it of it's parts, thanks for the help

·
Registered
123 Posts
I love Junk Yard Shopping. It is so much fun. Often times I will look at other cars too and see if there is anything I convert over to the Focus. Also keeping my out for a Ford Escape in the yard so I can pull the AWD system out of it. 8>)

The best find I ever found was a Festiva Shogun Edition. You know the Crazy, Insane, Deranged Yamaha Powered Festiva. I talked the guy he was going to let me have the motor for 100 bucks if I could pull it and carry it. But I couldn't find the man power for it. When I went back the next weekend it was gone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts