Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you don't want the background info, skip the next paragraph.

So a while back I got in a wreck when some douche in a Dodge Dam SRT-10 didn't see me in the middle of a driveway to a shopping center and hit me. Needless to say, when the insurance company got my car initially, they totaled it and gave me a real lowball offer, I ask why, and they say because half the interior is missing. Well this was because I removed it to do some work, so I tell them I'll put it back and they can give me a proper offer, so I drive half an hour to the auction lot, spend an hour putting shit back in and decide to take my rear view mirror as a souvenier.

Enough with the background, now to the problem. The retards at Progressive ended up fixing my car because the stuff I took out seemed to be a major reason it was totalled. Now I am sans mirror, although I don't mind not having every other vehicles headlights in my eyes at night, it's a bit more convenient to have it. So I want to know if my only option is to just get a stock one, or if I could get an auto-dimming one out of another vehicle, or maybe if the SVTFs came with one that I could install, any knowledge and input is much appreciated, and thanks in advance.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Ford offers a option mirror kit that has a compass and outside temp reading on it if youre interested.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Trickfocus said:
But does it auto dim?
yes, I believe it does.... It better for the $130 something price tag...

this is the smoked wide-angle mirror I got for $15 off ebay.

I was overwhelmed at first about the 310mm size, but It's works great for those bastards with blinding HID headlamps, and slightly improves the blind spot, however the head-rests are in the way of the rear side windows so it really isn't practical...

night-time visibility is also not bad, even thru my 5% tint on the rear windows.

the lights go blinky when it picks up cell phone interference (incoming, or outgoing calls)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, thats not too bad, and a cheaper alternative to my problem, I'm assuming that is just a sticker in the corner. Also, how does it mount, in the factory location, or some other way?

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
it clips right on top of the stock mirror with spring loaded clips.

that is a sticker on the corner, but it's laser printed or stuck on there real good, I don't want to remove it for fear of scratching the mirror, But a nice tiny sticker can right on top of it, If you don't like it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts