Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sick of replacing tires every 4/5 months. Move fronts to rear and new ones to front. So, I have a 2014 focus. Since Ive bought it had issue with rear tire wear prematurely on insides, wearing very quickly. I noticed a negative camber. Recently had new tires put on and 4 wheel alignment. Still negative camber, but toe was off quite a bit. Toe is now within spec. I've been told that the rear camber isn't really adjustable. Do you think this will fix rear tire wear problem? I know there is camber bolts, camber adjustable bushings, and adjustable control arms to bring negative camber in to prevent tires from riding on inner edges. Is this whats needed, or is correction of toe enough? Adding printout of alignment View attachment 260355 View attachment 260355

·
w/ my magic bag
29,375 Posts
X2^^^^ This style of irs is designed to have negative camber.....Its a great cost effective setup.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure what caused toe to be so off in rear. Mechanic said everything else was good. Bushings, control arms, etc..

·
Registered
202 Posts
I don't like the measurements, if they are correct. Normally, I try to set the front toe to zero, total toe at .05 or less; rear total toe to .16 or less, normally to.005-.007 each side in the rear. Although the rear camber isn't really all that bad, I try to set rear camber at each side at -1.5 degree or less (within .2 degree) for best tire wear. The thrust angle should be at zero. Just because the readings are in green, green does NOT MEAN "GOOD". Just my two cents (discounted to zero cost!)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's what I was thinking, if everything is good....why not get ir close to perfect as possible?!?!

·
w/ my magic bag
29,375 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts